The Chainlink

What is/are your New Year's Resolutions involving biking?

Some of us make new year's resolutions while others of us should. Just curious who is aiming for something bike related this upcoming year. Triathlon in your future? Ride a certain amount of miles? Build a bike from scratch? Commute more on your bike?

Views: 1831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ride my bike.

Sea to sky gran fuondo vancouver to whistler.  Did it this year, fantastic.  

Nathan Hoks said:

5 hour century & a grand fondo. Speaking of which, any grand fondo recommendations???

Time for my 1st Century....And to drink a lot of beer, more often.

• Find and Restore more bikes in 2012 than in 2011.
  • Go bike camping to Indiana.
  • Finish my home-built Xtenda-bike frame project and move onto building a home-built Bakfiet.
  • Attend Critical Mass more than just every other month.
  • Buy more & better bike tools.

Not sure....  The last year I set a goal was 2009....  That was the first year I didn't hit my goal....  Wanted my first 3000 mile season and fell way short at 1200 miles....  2010....  No goal....  3100 miles logged....  2011....  No goal....  2800 miles logged....  I'd say start my third (and finish my first) HHH....  But I've put on way too much weight and I don't think that there is any amount of training that would get me where I need to be in time for that this year....

Get my knee back to reasonable health.

Ride. A lot.

Break 10hr for a 200k brevet (yeah, i am that slow...)

Complete a Super Randonneur series.

MTB handling skills - Get out on the MTB trails more, and be able to bunny hop a log while on the trail.

Ditto on the knee comment.  What are you planning to do, specifically?

mike w. said:

Get my knee back to reasonable health.

Ride. A lot.

Break 10hr for a 200k brevet (yeah, i am that slow...)

Complete a Super Randonneur series.

Cure my Asperger bike driving syndrome.  It goes like this, try to kill me with your car?  I will have automatic words for you.  Dark foul bile drenched diatribe screamed from my solar plexus.  If said driver pulls over and needs Illinois and Chicago law explained they'll get it.  Along with additional highly charged profanity.  Escalate at your own risk at this point.  Same for peds.  I respect others rights and expect like in kind.  

It's getting better.  My inner dialogue is saying, "No contact keep moving."  

Although just the other day...

Be safe, visible and consistent out there.  

I hope you do well with that because incidents like the ones you describe are very bad for cyclists.

Steel Driver said:

Cure my Asperger bike driving syndrome.  It goes like this, try to kill me with your car?  I will have automatic words for you.  Dark foul bile drenched diatribe screamed from my solar plexus.  If said driver pulls over and needs Illinois and Chicago law explained they'll get it.  Along with additional highly charged profanity.  Escalate at your own risk at this point.  Same for peds.  I respect others rights and expect like in kind.  

It's getting better.  My inner dialogue is saying, "No contact keep moving."  

Although just the other day...

Be safe, visible and consistent out there.  

Ride at least 8,000 miles in 2012.

I am going to try and make better bad decisions.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service