The Chainlink

In the market for some new wheels, thought I'd try my luck here, too.

What I'm looking for:

• quick release axles
• 126mm rear spacing
• reasonably light (butted spokes?)
• 32 hole preferred
• roll decently, spin true, etc.
• Shimano 6 speed cassette if UG (tough to locate, or expensive)

Budget of about $200 or so. If you want to throw in some relatively winter-worthy tires (770x23 or 25), I'd be a bit more flexible on price.

Thanks!

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I might have something that will fit the bill off my old 1987 Schwinn Super Sport (BTW - awesome machine served me well until the spring of 2011) I'll check when I get home tonight.

Fantastic, thanks!

Gopher Biker said:

I might have something that will fit the bill off my old 1987 Schwinn Super Sport (BTW - awesome machine served me well until the spring of 2011) I'll check when I get home tonight.

Here are the specs:

36 spoke count (not butted)

Front is the original Araya with a Shimano 600 hub - spins very nicely.

Rear is a DT Swiss TH540 (black) that I had built at Pony in Evanston in August 2010 and its maiden voyage was the 2010 Chicago Triathlon (23rd fastest bike time for my age group - Yay!) - it probably has about 1000 miles on it. 126mm rear spacing; it has a Shimano 600 6-spd freewheel (13-21) on it now but I also have two Winner Pro freewheels (13-18 and 13-22) that you could have. The Winner Pro's work really well with the Shimano components.

They've been sitting in my basement so you would need to clean them up a bit.

No tires or rim tape.

Sorry to hijack, but if anyone has similar wheelset (same spacing, spoke count, etc.) in 650B size, I would be interested, please let me know!

check out my craigslist post on my front wheel that im selling.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3319581028

I'm PMing you my e-mail, can you send pics/discuss pricing? I'm interested! Thanks so much!

Gopher Biker said:

Here are the specs:

36 spoke count (not butted)

Front is the original Araya with a Shimano 600 hub - spins very nicely.

Rear is a DT Swiss TH540 (black) that I had built at Pony in Evanston in August 2010 and its maiden voyage was the 2010 Chicago Triathlon (23rd fastest bike time for my age group - Yay!) - it probably has about 1000 miles on it. 126mm rear spacing; it has a Shimano 600 6-spd freewheel (13-21) on it now but I also have two Winner Pro freewheels (13-18 and 13-22) that you could have. The Winner Pro's work really well with the Shimano components.

They've been sitting in my basement so you would need to clean them up a bit.

No tires or rim tape.

Will do.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service