I need a 700c silver front wheel for my town bike project. Nothing fancy and not too skinny. I plan to run 32 or 35 width tires. My budget is $25 or under. It can be out of true or need an overhaul (in which case my budget is way under $25).

I prefer a bolt-on axel, but I realize that in this price range I can't be picky.

Also in the market for a couple of sprung saddles, one blue, one black (or red). 

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to stop by Working Bikes at 2434 S. Western ave.They have a lot of used parts and used wheels.

Ace,

Great idea! thanks. But I've been there. I got some bars there last week and well, tons of stuff for the project actually (cranks, BB, fork, seat-post, stem, a brake). But at the moment they don't have any 700c front wheels that would work for my project in the parts bins.

Working Bikes started separating out some of the nicer parts and displaying them over by the new service counter - there was a wheel there but it was a bit more expensive than I want to pay at this point in my search. 

pm sent

I got one. Thanks Kelvin!

http://atoms.net/blog/2011/08/10/#townBike1

And thanks Chainlink for dumping the old marketplace classifieds and replacing it with a simple forum. I never managed to sell or buy anything with the old system. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service