The Chainlink

Vintage 80's 10 speed - Giant Cabriolet VERY CLEAN $155

Giant Cabriolet
-Christmas 1987 and I have my fingers crossed for a new BMX or freestyle bike. Dad rolls out a shiny black Giant Cabriolet 10 speed.
I never really rode it (maybe 100 original miles) and it has been stored in my folks' finished basement ever since. Dad is an engineer & mechanic, so he lovingly oiled and maintained this machine over the years and I have recently rediscovered it. I only spent about 15 minutes with a rag and some Windex, but 's easily an 8.5 out of 10 cosmetically. Shimano shifting. It's like Marty McFly made a trip to 1987 just for you! Perfect as-is or ready to convert to SS/Fixie.

Specs:
-All original hardware
-Chrome drop bars, half wrapped with original foam grips
-Size Large/XL, (I'm just over 6') steel lugged frame
-Flawless black paint on frame NO RUST, minimal chips at top tube & on fork
- 36 spoke chrome wheels shined to a mirror finish, minimal pitting
-"Giant" badged Kenda 85PSI road tires
-10 speed Shimano Tourney derailleurs with stem shifters (non indexed)
-"Star" badged dual grip brake levers and brakes
-Stock "Giant" branded saddle, can replace with a more sleek Selle Italia saddle if you prefer
-Braze-ons on down tube, I will include the original yellow aluminum drink cage

What it needs: If you are going to make this a daily rider, I'd suggest having a it professional tuned and replace the 25 year old tires & tubes with something stickier (I was thinking about bright Yellow & Black Vittoria Zaffiros)

My price is firm, so please don't try to haggle: why not come check it out first?
Please PM me or reply to my post if interested.
Thanks For LOOKING!
-Guy

Views: 7135

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you be able two put up a picture and by were do u stay 

I'm in Bronzeville/South Shore area. Let me repost pictures... not sure why they didn't show up. Let me embed them differently here:

That's a nice bike yea I'll let u know thanks 

Guy Woodhouse said:

I'm in Bronzeville/South Shore area. Let me repost pictures... not sure why they didn't show up. Let me embed them differently here:

cool!

Any interested parties can also email me directly at:

ultramaximizer((at symbol))gmail(dot)com

Okay... any takers at $140?

Guy Woodhouse said:

cool!

Any interested parties can also email me directly at:

ultramaximizer((at symbol))gmail(dot)com

Post it on Craigslist. Everyone here is a rider, but that bike is gonna appeal to a pretty tiny niche. You'll  get better results by showing it to a larger audience.
Thanks Tony, It's already on Craigslist.

Tony Adams said:
Post it on Craigslist. Everyone here is a rider, but that bike is gonna appeal to a pretty tiny niche. You'll  get better results by showing it to a larger audience.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service