Who's interested in seeing Peter Gabriel? (Was: Ravinia-- buy tix at box office/gate and bypass fees? (was United Center/ Peter Gabriel))

Wanting to see Peter Gabriel in September . . . anyone know if you can buy tickets directly at United Center and bypass fees?  Thanks!

Edit: gonna go grab some tix from Box Office later this week and wondering if we want to get a chainlink crew together.  Speak up.

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good question -I'd like to know as well.   Same for Ravinia too, I'd like to know if you can buy directly from them without the fees (a great biking destination as it is right on the trail and an easy ride.)  

Unfortunately a lot of venues sign an iron-clad contract with TicketBastard that forces them to charge their fees even when you buy the tickets directly from them at their own box-office.   If they don't do this they can get locked-out of using TicketBastard at all, which makes it hard for them to survive.   

IMHO, TicketBastard should be prosecuted under RICO laws. 

Thanks Howard.  Nice to know that at the United Center you can buy non-extortion tickets without TicketBastards putting their hands into your cookie jar.

As far as Ravinia, I don't think I've ever actually purchased tickets myself to go there.  Every time I've ever gone there someone else was in charge of procurement of said tickets and I just forked over cash at a later date.

When are Indigo Girls coming back?  They used to rock Ravinia, but it's been a few years since I've seen them there.  Maybe I should get off my lazy Asterix & Obelix and go look for myself ;)

"Oh, Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have a scene with him"

I've been a big fan of the Indigo Girls and Melissa Etheridge since the early 90's.  I've got a playlist on my computer that is just them with about 9-10 of their albums that I play often and shuffle through them when I'm in "that mood." I love Romeo & Juliet  and the way they have interpreted it.  It always chokes me up, especially the way they sing "I'm gonna love you 'til I die" and her voice breaks up on that line. 

I totally get that sentiment about a church service in a strange religion where the details aren't really fully understood on the surface, but you get all the meaning you need to get just from listening to the music.  

Guilty as charged.    Yes, it is true -my wife is more butch than me.

Is this for 9/27? 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service