The Chainlink

Tweed Ride: "The Ripley Road to London & Cambridge" (Wis.) Sun. Oct. 6, 2013

Our 4th Annual RURAL RAMBLE, "THE RIPLEY ROAD TO LONDON & CAMBRIDGE" (WISCONSIN), is scheduled for SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6 at LAKE MILLS, WISCONSIN. The ride starts at 10 a.m. 

All details may be found at the ride's website, www.bicyclingbackwards.com

Lake Mills, Wis. is off I-94 (exit 259), 30 minutes east of Madison, 50 minutes west of Milwaukee, and a couple of hours NW of Chicago.

This 30-mile leisurely (10 - 12 mph) "club run" down the Ripley Road is a genuinely rural ramble and promises crisp Autumn weather, lots of lovely scenery, and fine fellowship awheel. 

We start the morning with complimentary coffee, tea and fresh-baked scones, and a hearty round of "God Save the Queen. Luncheon is in Cambridge at the cafe-bike shop, CamRock Cafe & Sport, recently featured in The Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323407104579036743377... Camrock offers great coffee and food and more than 100 craft beers. 
So, if you've got the Sunday free, please pull that trusty British steed out of the shed for a wonderful day along the path. 
Thanks, and Cheerio!
"Wrongway" Pete
wrongwaypete@gmail.com

Views: 716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It IS now on the calendar, http://www.thechainlink.org/events/the-ripley-road-to-london-cambri..., but so far only Peter & I have said that we are going ...

globalguy said:

Dudic, did you put this in the calendar? If you need help, let me know!

Ah, thanks for posting the video, above, Alan. This was the tail end of a bit o' "rough stuff" coming down from the lovely pavilion atop Korth County Park and through the tall prairie grasses. Because of the drought last year, the grasses were not as tall as usual, but normally they're 6 - 10 ft. in height, creating a maze through which it is exceedingly fun to cycle. This rough stuff is just off the Glacial Drumlin Trail, about two miles into the ride from the Lake Mills Western Section Trailhead.

Wrongway

This is the likely route on Sunday ...

Well done, Alan! And spot on. That is the route. Thank you for your contribution!

Cheers,

Wrongway

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service