The Chainlink

Trek 800 Sport 2002 Hardtail in touring configuration - $240

Hey all - this pony's been sitting in storage for too long and my next build is going to need a different set of components completely, so this is on the block for that reason and the fact that I need cash!

Here's the description:

• 19.5" TREK frame, TIG welded chromoly oversized tubes. 135mm rear OLD, 100mm front OLD. Rim brake only frame. 1-1/8" threaded headset.
  • REBUILT 24 speed SRAM grip shift Drivetrain
  • Shimano Alivio rear derailleur
  • New sealed bottom bracket
  • Chain is in great shape
  • New Shimano Alivio cranks Used but smooth
  • Shimano M324 combination pedals
  • Mavic 32 hole front and rear wheels with double butted spokes (in like new condition)
  • Shimano XT hubs - which are bomb proof and smooth as butter, and which also means the bike was converted to cassette cogs instead of the old screw on freewheels.  
  • There is a piece of slag rattling around in the front rim and this is does not affect function or safety - read the following discussion for more information - Rattling Noise in Mavic Rim . I do have a spare non-rattling Mavic XC717 32 hole rim I will sell you for $40 if this bothers you, but it's a waste of time and money in my opinion to rebuild a wheel which I have ridden for maybe 2000 miles and has 8000 miles or more left.
  • Topeak Explorer rear rack Bike Nashbar front rack
  • The bicycle was kept INSIDE so there is very little rust.  Paint is mostly intact but I made it ugly for parking in the city - hence the stickers....
  • Promax brake levers
  • Shimano LP brakes
  •  Nice shiny bell with compass
  • Water bottle cage
  • Planet Bike fenders - the rear mudflap is falling off but this won't bother you in the rain since the front mudflap is still solid.
  • Trek seat - a new, softer Schwinn seat is also available.
  • Like new Hutchison tires which inflate at 90 PSI for city riding. I can offer you a new set of Trek 26X2.1 MTB tires and tubes if you need them instead.
  • Specs and description are found here for the original configuration. I rebuilt this bike, put on racks, installed fenders, and put on a Mavic wheelset, so I'm asking for much more than the Blue Book price.
  • MSRP original was $240 and I'm asking $240 for the bike, which is a very generous price with all the added features.
  • Ebay auction is ongoing...The bike goes to the highest bidder.

Views: 1090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SOLD.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service