The Chainlink

Hey everyone so i ended up going down to working bikes, They had great service and the man fitted the bike to me and told me all about it and my local clubs. He also through in some lights, saddle bag, and a t shirt. The bike was $275 and i love it. It runs great, smooth, and responsive. This is my first road bike and im very happy with it. Anyone know much about these. It looks like its from the 90's or so. 

Views: 7352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From a handful of pixels I'm going to guess that yellow nosepiece makes your saddle some flavor of Selle Italia Turbo. If I guessed right it has collector value. Not huge collector value but enough interest you should be able to trade for something you like better.

Get out on the club rides. Your club is where all this stuff gets hashed out endlessly. You will quickly find out that most bike geeks have closets full of surplus parts. If you are as personable and levelheaded as you seem online you'll do fine. Have you got pedals and shoes from the mtn bike that will work well enough? I've an old set of Time ATAC you can just have if you want.

youngmancycle said:

oh and what is a good saddle for this kind of bike? becuase im not a big fan of this one

Yes it is selle italia malic turbo, how much is that worth? And sorry about the pictures not coming out, they come out high quality on my computer so idk y it doesn't work for you..
I think I have some better photos that will clear some things up
Attachments:
More gear
Attachments:
Again
Attachments:
And the saddle
Attachments:

The condition of the saddle looks good. The turbomatic was a personal favorite. Not many even know what it is but those who rode them remember them. Cash value on that saddle is anywhere from $15 to $50. More important you can use it to get the saddle you want. Go on a ride with anyone who remembers the 90s they will see the saddle

youngmancycle said:

Yes it is selle italia malic turbo, how much is that worth? And sorry about the pictures not coming out, they come out high quality on my computer so idk y it doesn't work for you..

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service