The Chainlink

New Belgium Brewing’s Tour de Fat Rolls into Chicago

On July 13 for a Day of Bikes, Beer and Bemusement

Don’t Miss Mucca Pazza and Headlining Act Reggie Watts!

CHICAGO, IL 2 JULY 2013 – If dressing freaky, riding bikes, listening to bands and drinking beer are things you like, then don’t miss the most FUN fundraiser around … Tour de Fat is coming back to town! New Belgium Brewing, maker of Fat Tire Amber Ale and other award-winning beers, is bringing the 14th annual Tour de Fat to Chicago on Saturday, 13 July in Palmer Square.

Gather up your friends, family and neighbors and come enjoy eclectic entertainment and stellar beer, all while helping local bicycle nonprofits raise funds. The event is free, yet all proceeds from beer and merchandise sales and donations from parade participants will help make Chicago a better place to ride a bike. Last year, approximately 4,500 people came to the festival and raised more than $26,500 for West Town Bikes.

To properly kick-start the festival, Tour de Fat begins with a giant bicycle parade that weaves through city streets. Each parade route is designed for people of all skill levels; everyone is welcome and colorful costumes are encouraged. For the rest of the afternoon, the stages heat up with world-class acts like Reggie Watts and Mucca Pazza and the park becomes a celebration unlike any other.

Kids of all ages can ride funky bikes, eat delicious fare, relax in the grass, and participate in games and activities such as a “Thousand Person Dance Contest”, which will determine the winner of a 2013 New Belgium Cruiser Bike. Everyone 21 and older can sample new and classic favorites from New Belgium, including the brewery’s flagship brew, Fat Tire, this summer’s seasonal, Rolle Bolle, and selections from the acclaimed Lips of Faith series.

Parade Registration: 10:00 a.m.

Ride Times: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Entertainment: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Headliner: Reggie Watts

Performances By: Mucca Pazza

Sustainable Support: Illinois Recycling Association

Benefitting:

Views: 2650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woop Woop!

Roll Call: Who's going to (IMHO) the most fun bike event this summer!?!

me, me, me!  Hopefully with the nephews again.

Bikefreeek said:

Yeah Julie, I hope I can borrow my grand kids for the day.

Julie Hochstadter said:

me, me, me!  Hopefully with the nephews again.

Bikefreeek said:

Is the start an hour later than previous years? If so, that is a good thing!

It's the Big Event!  My friend Brian ("Lord Helmut") is flying in from Arizona for his 4th Chicago Tour De Fat!   "Whooo-Hoooo!!!"

Bikefreeek said:

Attachments:

Dammit!  I have a tattoo appointment that day, and my artist has become REALLY hard to book with recently so I can't cancel.

Somebody ask them if they can move the date by a week, so I can go

Hey Zotex, make sure you bring Lord Helmut by Ciclo Urbano while he's in town. I'd love to meet him!

Zotex - Scott E. Long said:

It's the Big Event!  My friend Brian ("Lord Helmut") is flying in from Arizona for his 4th Chicago Tour De Fat!   "Whooo-Hoooo!!!"

Bikefreeek said:

Our WTB youth instructor, Lebster does tattoos. Come to the Tour de Fat, drink some beers, be entertained, and get tattooed! He he, in no particular order.

Dann B (5.25 mi/8.75 mi) said:

Dammit!  I have a tattoo appointment that day, and my artist has become REALLY hard to book with recently so I can't cancel.

why did you just tell me that?  I'm ready for a second!

Carmelita Sams said:

Our WTB youth instructor, Lebster does tattoos. Come to the Tour de Fat, drink some beers, be entertained, and get tattooed! He he, in no particular order.

Would that I could :(  Right in the middle of working on a sleeve, and I really like the artist (Emily Schmitt - A Thin Line Tattoo in Plainfield).  We're doing outer forearm that day, and it's one I really want.  Not bike related, but I'll try to throw a pic up after she's done.  Maybe next year on the Tour!

Carmelita Sams said:

Would love to see a pic of your tattoo, Dann.

Would that I could :(  Right in the middle of working on a sleeve, and I really like the artist (Emily Schmitt - A Thin Line Tattoo in Plainfield).  We're doing outer forearm that day, and it's one I really want.  Not bike related, but I'll try to throw a pic up after she's done.  Maybe next year on the Tour!

Carmelita Sams said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service