The Chainlink

Many of you may already know about the Thought You Knew calendars - they've been discussed here and here. Well they're back for 2010! Your 2010 TyK calendar girls are here (if I've forgotten you, please chime in!)

Leah
Sharlyn
Gin
June
Chavao
Kathleen
Daphne K
Erin R
Mayilu D
Ximena W
Kelly N

Check out the new site and you can even pre-order the calendars at this link: http://www.thoughtyouknew.us. Keep an eye out for more details about the launch and how you can support Thought You Knew and the Chicago Women's Health Center.

For the newbies, Thought You Knew is a project designed to combat stereotypes of women cyclists. All of the proceeds go to support the Chicago Women's Health Center. Calendars are only $15, so get one and take your favorite women cyclists home with you... kind of. :)

Sincerely,
Leah - a 2010 calendar girl

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Leah!

This has been an inspiring project to be involved with. I hope folks order lots of calendars (hint, hint). Preview: Santa's Little Helper uses panniers!

Gin, aka Ms. December.
sweet...
this is so cool. I will likely buy several as holiday gifts.

when is the autographing session ? we need one !

DB
from their website:
The shoots for the 2010 Calender took place at ProGear Studios in Chicago Illinois from September 9th - the 13th 2008.

talk about getting an early jump on things.
Autographing session--good idea! We'll have to get Alexis on that, maybe the bike winter art show again?

Also, February is a kitchen calamity with an erroneous but beautiful Miyata in the background. It will be Valentines day all year long on my calendar!

daniel brown said:

DB
The teaser pics are out! In honor of TyK I'm changing my Chainlink pic. Say hi to Miss January! :)

Want to get your own? Pre-order here!
Awesome, definitely going to grab a calendar this year!
what exactly are the 'stereotypes of women cyclists'?
sweet : my (daily) commuter bike is a Miyata (one-twelve) (circa 1986) that has been cog-less for 4 years now. In a previous life it was a tri-bike wannabe ... LOL. Now it's a messenger wannabe....

Sharlyn said:
Autographing session--good idea! We'll have to get Alexis on that, maybe the bike winter art show again?

Also, February is a kitchen calamity with an erroneous but beautiful Miyata in the background. It will be Valentines day all year long on my calendar!

daniel brown said:

DB
bump bump, in case you missed it on the chainlink calendar, the Thought You Knew 2010 calendar drops this FRIDAY. look sharp and shine those cycling shoes—TyK ladies past and present will be on hand for your mingling pleasure. (oh and i hear there are boys this year too... but come on, we've got better hips&whips!)
I am bringing a sharpie Friday night and want to come home with signed photos ....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service