The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I politely disagree with your statement. I had a gentleman call out OYL this am on Lincoln. It wasn't too heavy traffic wise, I felt safe and stayed my line. I thanked him for letting me know and I think he called back something nice. It was pleasant. I like being told I am being passed because I know to hold my line.

I will slow down and wait for a break in traffic before I pass and 95% of the time call out. We all need to be polite-ish to each other on the road on or the forum.

Tricolor said:

I generally think anyone feeling the need to announce they're passing is probably passing too closely and should just wait for a proper gap.  If more bikes could slow down from time to time when there's congestion everything would be a lot smoother and safer.

(let's derail this in a more bike-related direction)

No. I'll call it out where it's happening. Thanks. 

Vilda said:

On Your Left is fine - On your left to pass between me and a moving vehicle is not fine.

And Michelle - I see we are inverting words to argue over nothing - the point being (for clarity) I said YOU would end up under a bus if you flicked me off as you pass on MY left within inches of me and a vehicle.

I'm glad we could do this for no reason. Really, start a thread where you can vent about words you don't like.

Tim S said:

I trend towards using O.Y.L. while passing weekend cruisers and Diviots. They can proove to be unpredictable.

Finally, cause this is a Missed Connections thread not a vent about nonsense thread:

Chick Cyclist, white helmet, HUGE BACKPACK, Orange Masi, Southbound on Damen near Roscoe this morning 8/27. You decided it was ok to pass between me and a  large moving Chevy econovan cause you said "on your left." I yelled "Are you fucking retarded?" No response. Maybe you are to dumb to say anything but "on your left." If I had even leaned my bike i woulda touched you. That's too close you moron. Wait for cars to clear than ride like an idiot. And all that effort made so much difference as I caught you at Addison AND Diversey.

Can you post a pic so we all know who to avoid? Thanks

Finally, cause this is a Missed Connections thread not a vent about nonsense thread:

Chick Cyclist, white helmet, HUGE BACKPACK, Orange Masi, Southbound on Damen near Roscoe this morning 8/27. You decided it was ok to pass between me and a  large moving Chevy econovan cause you said "on your left." I yelled "Are you fucking retarded?" No response. Maybe you are to dumb to say anything but "on your left." If I had even leaned my bike i woulda touched you. That's too close you moron. Wait for cars to clear than ride like an idiot. And all that effort made so much difference as I caught you at Addison AND Diversey.

No thanks. But I will call out in real life too. So I'd just not say that word, and then you won't have to deal with it. So EASY! 

Disgusting doubling down on the use of ableist slurs. 

Vilda said:

Please - could you stop antagonizing Michelle? She's going to throw this tantrum until she cries herself out.

Vilda said:

It's not a tantrum. Stop being a defender of hate speech. 

Simon Phearson said:

Please - could you stop antagonizing Michelle? She's going to throw this tantrum until she cries herself out.

Vilda said:

You're right.... Kids gotta do there thing...

Simon Phearson said:

Vilda said:

Bexause using a word you know is offensive on purpose is so adult.

Vilda said:

You're right.... Kids gotta do there thing...

Simon Phearson said:

Vilda said:

In racing, especially track we use the word "stick" it basically means hold your line, I am passing on your left (sometimes on the right) and please do not do anything stupid until I am clear of your wheel. I wish this would be more common with commuting cyclists and runners.  I seldom use OYL because way too often the person you will be passing will look over their left shoulder and veer left to see what or who just said  that. Also I believe OYL is too often taken as "get the hell outta my way" 

Funny, sometimes words can be misinterperted .

Whats brown and sticky?...

A stick!
Really, anyone who insists on using the harmful and insulting words just because they can, are less than human in my eyes, and in the eyes of decent people everywhere, not just on the Chainlink.

And how would that not be entirely useless? We need to have a discussion about using these words here, and now, where people are using them without regards to others. 

Nikul Shah said:

Please start a different thread

Tom A.K. said:

Really, anyone who insists on using the harmful and insulting words just because they can, are less than human in my eyes, and in the eyes of decent people everywhere, not just on the Chainlink.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service