The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please dont derail this thread, your outrage is noted.

This is a hilarious/serious place to vent that many of us enjoy as it is a place to know we are not alone in frustrations on the road. I doubt the comment was meant to be mean to those you defend just a typed word out of frustration.

It doesn't MATTER what it was meant as. It's offensive and hurtful that people toss it around like it means nothing in the first place. Just STOP USING IT. There are so many other, better words to use, many of which were noted in that thread. Stop defending using that ONE WORD that people are legitimately hurt by.

I say this as a person who DID use that word, my ENTIRE adolescence. Then, in high school, I started working with people with Down syndrome and they told me how hurtful it was, directly. So I stopped. It was a conscious process to retrain myself to not use that word, but I don't anymore. Since that day. I don't think it's all that much to ask of people. Put that word in the box you put the N word in in your brain, and call it a day. 

Tim S said:

Please dont derail this thread, your outrage is noted.

This is a hilarious/serious place to vent that many of us enjoy as it is a place to know we are not alone in frustrations on the road. I doubt the comment was meant to be mean to those you defend just a typed word out of frustration.

Yep,
"You know there is a campaign to end the use of the R word?"
"What R Word? Retard."

Ps - this conversation doesn't make the retard that passes between me and a van any less of a retard.

Oh and I taught Special Edu. Congrats on your high horse.

rwein5 said:

Wow. But this conversation (your post) does make you a pretty heartless human being. Nothing like doubling down to prove that you legitimately do not care what others suffer as a direct result of your actions.

You are a pathetic excuse for a special ed teacher. That's horrendous. Find a different field if you have no respect for the people in yours.

Vilda said:

Yep,
"You know there is a campaign to end the use of the R word?"
"What R Word? Retard."

Ps - this conversation doesn't make the retard that passes between me and a van any less of a retard.

rwein5 said:

Actually I stopped after a year cause i hated the parents. Adults are morons....

Weren't you leaving?

And I care what people think sometimes, but I'm finding it hard to care what you think...Since you keep posting and posting and posting. I can be heartless if you can be quiet...

rwein5 said:

Because this is bullshit. There should be no hate speech tolerated here.

Vilda said:

Actually I stopped after a year cause i hated the parents. Adults are morons....

Weren't you leaving?

And I care what people think sometimes, but I'm finding it hard to care what you think...Since you keep posting and posting and posting. I can be heartless if you can be quiet...

rwein5 said:

Got it - no hate speech - but you can threaten people with violence.  Are you all set now?

I did no threatening of any kind. I would never hit someone. I basically said I hope karma hits them in the face, literally.

Vilda said:

Got it - no hate speech - but you can threaten people with violence.  Are you all set now?

It is not censorship. It just shouldn't be allowed. Free speech does not cover hate speech. 

Nikul Shah said:

That is censorship by extortion. I would suggest that is equally as bad as hate speech.

Michelle Milham said:

Sorry, when I read pictures on the internet I don't go back to what they meant in the 1950s. That was a sexual threat dude. 

And yes I derailed that thread. I'll derail this one too. Until SOMEONE here at the chainlink makes a decision that hate speech and sexual harrasment will not be tolerated. 

Also, there is really no need to put the word "slur" in quotes. The word is a slur. 

Also, I did not ask anyone to go beat this guy up or advocate for his assault. I said "I hope someday someone hits you for using this word." Which is neither of those things. I say that to my own brother who loves using the N word on a daily basis too. They'd deserve 1 smack in the face as a wake up call. 

Also the claims of "classism" are laughable. I'm lower middle class myself. It's not that hard to say "oh... it's offensive? Why?" if you don't understand instead of defending your need to be offensive to people. There is nothing classist about calling out hate speech and then calling out that defensiveness about hate speech is an asshole move.

Actually Michelle, it does. That would be why when there is a gay pride parade there are Nazi's there. They protest. Police cordon them off and let them. See Also: Westboro Baptist Church. Happy to educate you.

And this got buried:

Chick Cyclist, white helmet, HUGE BACKPACK, Orange Masi, Southbound on Damen near Roscoe this morning 8/27. You decided it was ok to pass between me and a  large moving Chevy econovan cause you said "on your left." I yelled "Are you fucking retarded?" No response. Maybe you are to dumb to say anything but "on your left." If I had even leaned my bike i woulda touched you. That's too close you moron. Wait for cars to clear than ride like an idiot. And all that effort made so much difference as I caught you at Addison AND Diversey.

I'm not the government. This website is not the goverment. Free speech doesn't apply here anyway. Free speech does not mean you can't be criticized for being an asshole.  I will not stand by and watch people use and defend hate speech. I won't.

Vilda said:

Actually Michelle, it does. That would be why when there is a gay pride parade there are Nazi's there. They protest. Police cordon them off and let them. See Also: Westboro Baptist Church. Happy to educate you.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service