The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To the white male, late 40's, black fleece, salt and pepper beard salmoning on Clark St. at Ohio at 10:15 am today . You're a douchebag! :-)
to the bleached blonde with the collagen lips, silicon breasts in the white Toyota Fourrunner that was almost as big as your plastic surgery mistakes driving south on Damen around 4 PM on Sunday please get off you phone and stay out of the bike lane. If your truck is too big to fit you need to downgrade.
To the idiot woman that almost hit me while I was walking a dog across the intersection of Adams and des plaines, you are a dumbass for blowing a red WB on Adams through des plaines! I hope getting mutilated by loop traffic isn't how you learn your lesson.

This reminds me of the jimmy fallon "thank you notes" 

"Thank you, German tourists, for finally answering the question, "Who uses the waiststrap on backpacks?""

"Thank you, guy with the $10,000 sound system in his $800 car, for driving down Broadway this afternoon. You're loud, you're proud, you're in a '93 Turcel."

"Thank you, fancy restaurant wine list, for providing me with plenty of notable choices to ignore while I look for the second-least expensive bottle on the menu."

Gabe said:

To the white male, late 40's, black fleece, salt and pepper beard salmoning on Clark St. at Ohio at 10:15 am today . You're a douchebag! :-)
Love this!!!!!!

Liz said:

This reminds me of the jimmy fallon "thank you notes" 

"Thank you, German tourists, for finally answering the question, "Who uses the waiststrap on backpacks?""

"Thank you, guy with the $10,000 sound system in his $800 car, for driving down Broadway this afternoon. You're loud, you're proud, you're in a '93 Turcel."

"Thank you, fancy restaurant wine list, for providing me with plenty of notable choices to ignore while I look for the second-least expensive bottle on the menu."

Gabe said:

To the 20 something skinny dude shaggy hair crossing Division at Wood around 1130 am today. Way to stay classy by giving the finger to the car who honked at you after you blazed through the green only to cut into the obvious Funeral prosession.
Old dude in the Jag at Chicago and Larrabee; I'm glad we talked at the light.  You seemed honestly apologetic when I explained bikes need a bit more room when you are passing, even if you did see me.  I think you will actually be more courteous in the future.

Me: skating home from wilson  skatepark down LSP

You: biker (and friend riding side by side)who passed me right before the irving downhill

me:continuing to skate and enjoy one of the only downhill in chicago 

you : decide to turn and cross irving at the bottom of the hill instead of taking the side route to the crosswalk, and because you and friend decide to ride side by side taking up the entire lane it took you a while to brake down the entire hill and turn off the path

me: jump off skate to avoid you and other traffic coming up the hill decided totake an arm full of pavement instead of hurting anyone else

you: call me the idiot

me: biking 

you: on the phone , pass me , and a buss at a stop (at a stop sign) 

me: realizing you just cut off my entire line 

you: pull up to stop sign to make an illegal right turn (in fron of a bus) while rolling thru a stop sign(2 for 2)suddenly notice people crossing the intersection you were supposed to stop at so you slam on your brakes

me; nowhere to go but into oncoming traffic or the back of you suv

*hits suv

you: removes phone from ear "OMG are you ok?"

me: no reply, im fine, bikes fine, no need to bitch you out 

To the headset wearing hipster who passed me steathily, on the right, last night on Milwaukee:

Dude, just say one word before you slide by, especially when you're passing on the wrong friggen side.

The best is when they do that while you're signalling that you're about to turn right...

You nearly clipped me with the side mirror of your 15 passenger van just after I pulled out of my alley onto Wrightwood near Lakewood.

I caught up to you at a stop light (funny how you passed me thinking that you would get somewhere much faster than me) and tapped on your window.

You fumbled for the "open window" button, inadvertently locking and unlocking the doors.

"Give me a little more space next time you pass me" (in a non-contentious tone)

"Get on the f-ing sidewalk a-hole!" (quite quarrelsome tone)

"It's illegal to ride on the sidewalk in the city of Chicago" (still calm and collected)

"Well then walk the f-ing thing, get out of traffic."  (no need to explain his tone)

"I am traffic!" (as he speeds away)

Thoughts:

Why is this guy so pissed?  Why the breakneck reaction to my calm request for a bit more space?

-paying $4 to fill up his 15 passenger van that has two passengers (seems there was a child, see more below) in it

-using most of that gas idling in traffic, essentially burning dollar bills (or $50 bills in his case)

-wife left him for the mailman

-someone put sandpaper on the toilet seat

-(you fill in the blank)

What snappy comeback should I have had at the end (I thought about this during the rest of my ride)?

-"Oh my, if your kid turn's out like you, the next generation is screwed"

-"I hope your kid has an uncle, teacher, or someone else that can be a good role model for them"

Your turn...

If the driver gives me the finger, as they often do, I like to say "Is that your IQ or your sperm count?" (Has to be a male driver... usually is though)

Steve

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service