The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just ring my bell and sweetly answer Thank You!

Works for just about any occasion. 

To the elderly woman in her early '00's blue Japanese minivan with the dorag, o2 tube inserted in your nose, and surgical mask on thank you for you helped me realize that my brakes work well, to well on wet pavement, and I have a slide style that would make a MLB player jealous. Thank you also for deciding that it is unnecessary for you to wait to be sure the intersection is clear while turning left to head N on Laramie from Augusta Ave when you have a conversion van fully blocking your view east bound. Additional thanks to you for pointing out that the walk sign had just started to flash "don't walk" never mind the fact it was still a solid green as I have no f'n clue what that has to do with anything. Special thank you for the the terror you brought my friend who was in her car heading East right in front of me and saw me disappear from sight in her rear view mirror. A final shout out to you for the courtesy of not stopping and doing the old lady slow drive away from the mess you caused... my busted iPod, f'd up pants, and various scabs/bruises appreciate the fact that you still have the right to drive your death mobile. May my face as you just missed me be on your mind every time you get behind the wheel and my calm demeanor after the fact resonate in your ears especially the part where I say "you almost killed me".

For real though a huge thanks to the neighbourhood guys in the Bonneville with crisp new ball caps and sweet ass chrome rims for coming back to check on me especially for the offer to chase down the old lady. The kids on the corner at the school who offered to call the cops and all the other cars that witnessed that wanted to make sure I was all good. Special shout out to the coworker and friend who turned around in that hood to make sure all was good. :)

To the ponytail who ran the red on Lawrence at California this morning, nearly running over me and the dog in the process: you were right, we were the assholes in that scenario. Pedestrians with a walk sign are just the worst. Your yelling has really caused me to rethink my sheep-like obeying of traffic signals.

Jerk.

Me, biking last night on the Lake Front Trail going south towards Hyde Park.  A pit in the ground from some construction work sneaked up on me and I swerved to the left lane where the pit is less deep.  I was wearing clip-in shoes, which I'm new to, so I'm not a pro at mounting/dismounting and try to stay clipped in when I can.  You, sweet dude on a racer come barreling down the hill, seemed to relish the opportunity to castigate a n00b, and annoyingly yelled "WHAT THE F#$@ ARE YOU DOOOOOOINGG!!"  when you know damn well you had plenty of room to go around me, slow down, or whatever.  

You're the absolute worst kind of cyclist, and I'm sure you carry that same attitude with you throughout your life.  Grow up, dude.    

Hey, Lakefront Lance!  No one is impressed, I hate your guts AND I am faster than your lard ass!

To the fella on the white Cannondale SE bound @ 8:45 AM that, despite the red light and steady flow of traffic on North Ave, decided to fly through the red parallel the N Ave traffic then cut south across N back to a SE Milwaukee run. Gave a few of us a collective gasp as you performed this douchy move.

Your trailor executed an even more hair raising manouver by barreling through N Ave, now stopped w a red, right into the flow of traffic on Damen Ave causing a few cars to hit there brakes.

Where was the fire?

Special side note to the girl in the purple tank top riding the siewalk along Noth Ave please don't get angry w me when I point out you should be on the road. It is not only the law it is quite dangerous.

Last night around 7 p.m. on Madison, you passed and honked at me because I guess you see cyclists as an inconvenience.  I was having a pleasant stroll on a gorgeous night, probably thinking about the IPA I was going to be drinking all night at my destination, and you had to go and ruin the moment with your rude and ignorant behavior.  Well, my wish was granted, and the light up ahead turned red.  

The shrieks of horror and look of genuine panic on your two trixie faces after I slammed my hand on your window (I'm surprised my hand or your window didn't break to be honest) and screamed at you with every obscenity I could come up with, is still providing me with belly laughs today.  Indeed, I have a big smile on my face right now, because I know you won't be honking at any cyclists EVER again, nor will you be causing any accidents or deaths because of it.  

Hope I see you around!

Love,

Zoetrope 

I'll see your asshole move and raise you my own asshole move. 

Zoetrope said:

Last night around 7 p.m. on Madison, you passed and honked at me because I guess you see cyclists as an inconvenience.  I was having a pleasant stroll on a gorgeous night, probably thinking about the IPA I was going to be drinking all night at my destination, and you had to go and ruin the moment with your rude and ignorant behavior.  Well, my wish was granted, and the light up ahead turned red.  

The shrieks of horror and look of genuine panic on your two trixie faces after I slammed my hand on your window (I'm surprised my hand or your window didn't break to be honest) and screamed at you with every obscenity I could come up with, is still providing me with belly laughs today.  Indeed, I have a big smile on my face right now, because I know you won't be honking at any cyclists EVER again, nor will you be causing any accidents or deaths because of it.  

Hope I see you around!

Love,

Zoetrope 

Wanna know why people honk at bikes and treat cyclists like shit?

Ignorant assholes like you who have to escalate something as harmless as honking a horn to physically violent actions and petty intimidation.

You did every single person who rides a bike a disservice and proved yourself an even bigger asshole by bragging about it.

Zoetrope said:

Hope I see you around!

Love,

Zoetrope 

+1

notoriousDUG said:

Wanna know why people honk at bikes and treat cyclists like shit?

Ignorant assholes like you who have to escalate something as harmless as honking a horn to physically violent actions and petty intimidation.

You did every single person who rides a bike a disservice and proved yourself an even bigger asshole by bragging about it.

I guess that's one way of looking at a response to an act of physical and audible intimidation against a fellow cyclist.  Aren't you a cop?  Very telling...

The reality of the situation last night was the driver sped past me on a very narrow stretch of pavement and was using the horn as a way of saying "Get out of my way, or I will hit you".  The driver got the point, and she won't be startling any more newbs or causing accidents because of her horn.  I'm a hero, and you're the asshole.  Asshole.  :)

Kevin C said:

We all live in a big city. Honking in traffic, though not a particularly articulate means of communication, is a means of communication nonetheless. I'm sorry you were put into a position by a driver where you felt threatened or at risk. Whether their act was intentional or inadvertent, by the time you decided to assault the driver, the threat had already passed. You were safe. You may also have missed a teaching moment. If you wanted to talk to the driver at the red light, and could have done it civily-great. If you think you have somehow taught her a constructive lesson by striking her window with enough force that you are surprised you didn't break the window or your hand, I think you're wrong. The most probable lesson she took from the experience is that bike riders are assholes. I'm sorry you can't see the difference, and no, I don't think you are a hero, or that you behaved heroically.

Zoetrope said:

I guess that's one way of looking at a response to an act of physical and audible intimidation against a fellow cyclist.  Aren't you a cop?  Very telling...

The reality of the situation last night was the driver sped past me on a very narrow stretch of pavement and was using the horn as a way of saying "Get out of my way, or I will hit you".  The driver got the point, and she won't be startling any more newbs or causing accidents because of her horn.  I'm a hero, and you're the asshole.  Asshole.  :)

Kevin C said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service