The Chainlink

They didn't plow the protected bike lane in the loop this morning.

I posted pictures here http://wbez.tumblr.com/

Views: 1195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If anyone know how to contact a particular building's management, post it here and we can make several polite requests to instruct their maintenance crews to stop doing this.  I had to ask my building management to clear the snow that got piled up around the bike racks, back when we got heavy snow.  I got a quick response at the time

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

...Building owners must be stopped from plowing snow into the lane.

We are all the building owners of Federal Plaza, which dumped fairly large piles into the lanes this morning. The federal government quite literally dumped its problem on the city.

JeffB 7.0-16.7 miles said:

If anyone know how to contact a particular building's management, post it here and we can make several polite requests to instruct their maintenance crews to stop doing this.  I had to ask my building management to clear the snow that got piled up around the bike racks, back when we got heavy snow.  I got a quick response at the time

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I found this:

For building service calls or more information, contact the Kluczynski Service Desk at (312) 353-4475

and spoke with a nice woman and asked her to request that the maintenance crew stop pushing snow into the lane.  She said she'd pass the request along to the custodial staff.

Tony Adams 6.6 mi said:

We are all the building owners of Federal Plaza, which dumped fairly large piles into the lanes this morning. The federal government quite literally dumped its problem on the city.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Same problem when you call it in-- the operator has to figure out which round hole to try to fit a square request into. Is there not something like a basic snow removal request option? That's what the operators end up doing (which misses the root of the problem, of course.)

How about a phone call directly to the ward streets and sanitation office? Which ward would this be?

I should be more specific--building managers.  I have tried to find the building manager for Chase Tower on line with no success, but then I am not the best searcher. 

The Federal Buildings are probably managed by a management company.  The Daley Center is managed by MB Real Estate.  Speaking of which--I have not gone outside.  Did they put snow in the bike lane?  I will be happy to make a polite complaint since I work here.  Just give me details.

Tony Adams 6.6 mi said:

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

42nd ward north of Jackson, 4th ward south.

h' 1.0 said:

How about a phone call directly to the ward streets and sanitation office? Which ward would this be?

Thanks for this!!!! I just called too... Pat said it's going to be addressed.  I nominate her for next year's Golden Derailleur award if they follow through.

And now back to whining and spreading hopeless resignation around.

I found this:

For building service calls or more information, contact the Kluczynski Service Desk at (312) 353-4475

and spoke with a nice woman and asked her to request that the maintenance crew stop pushing snow into the lane.  She said she'd pass the request along to the custodial staff.

Tony Adams 6.6 mi said:

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yeah, but you got to start somewhere.  And if they get multiple calls (or even better, emails if you can find an address), they might make more of an effort to make a change.

How can we get the city to send out a notice to building management companies in the loop to instruct their crews about this issue?  I get emails periodically from my building when the city notifies them of parking or access restrictions when a film crew is shooting in the neighborhood or a protest march is happening, so I know the city does have some sort of communication network set up.

h' 1.0 said:

Same problem when you call it in-- the operator has to figure out which round hole to try to fit a square request into. Is there not something like a basic snow removal request option? That's what the operators end up doing (which misses the root of the problem, of course.)

If you think they are not watching us, CDOT joined the Chainlink a couple of minutes ago. : D

Hi, CDOT!

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Maybe Kathy could go right to the top and get in touch with Gabe Klein? ;-)

I think I just heard that he is in Jamaica playing golf all this week.

Huh? Not sure what you think you're contradicting here-- I advocated for putting in a city service request for pretty much everything before considering further action.

JeffB (7.0-16.7 miles) said:

Yeah, but you got to start somewhere.  And if they get multiple calls (or even better, emails if you can find an address), they might make more of an effort to make a change.

h' 1.0 said:

Not technically the 4th ward until 2015.  For now, it's still the 2nd ward.  You can contact Alderman Fioretti at ward02@cityofchicago.org or by phone (312 263 9273).  

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

42nd ward north of Jackson, 4th ward south.

h' 1.0 said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service