The Chainlink

The Craig's List Ad section revisited...classic...clever.....outlandish....Elgin guy....tiring and so forth.

This one caught my eye, and yes Howard, I think this merits re-discussing.

First the link:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/1065285621.html

And since it will probably be flagged soon, here is the text:

RE: Re: Re: Re:::::: (Thunderdome)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-znkft-1065285621@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-07, 10:48PM CST

There is ONLY ONE way to SETTLE THIS!

All "RE" posts can now sign up for CRAIGSLIST DEATH MATCH. Each week I will be hosting a fight to the death, no holds barred, grudge match--- pitching bitching opponents against each other to settle their disputes the good old fashioned way-in public-in person.

Bring your spell check, bring your sense of hipster entitlement, bring your tight jeans and disapproving stare, bring your seat posts as weapons! Most of all, BRING IT ON!!!

No longer do you have to fight for clever ironic virtual dominance! If you don't like his price-BASH HIM ONE! If you think he's selling imperfect wheelsets-STEAMROLL HIM! It's down and dirty weasel vs. wussy!

Craigslisters submit your favourite annoying Re-posting whiners by Thursday of each week, and on Friday night we can ride our bikes to a selected location to cheer on your selected cheerless rivals.

Two will enter, one will leave.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1065285621

Views: 5758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just asked them about the fork; I can hardly wait for the reply.

I'm sort of interested in that back rack actually.  Is that a current production rack?  Looks pretty vintage-esque and might look nice on an older classic Raleigh or Schwinn.  I wonder where one could find these?

And in good shape as advertised.

The paint looks pretty...just wonder what happened to the rest of the frame? Maybe the seat and post are worth the $5, though.

Moc Artsy said:

Mr. Rantypants is back

re:RE: Pashley Gov. - $1 (Reality)

Date: 2012-03-08, 2:29PM CST
Reply to: 3x6sb-2891673591@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Thanks, my life is going quite well to the point where I can spend a day shopping for bikes. Apparently you are now realizing a $1200.00 bike isn't such a great choice in a blue collar city with a high crime rate. Good luck selling the Rolls Royce of bicycles in a stale economic climate to a group of people that are okay riding a middle of the road bike. Chicagoans don't need anything fancy to get from point A to B, just a nice lil' commuter with some fenders will do. Why do I need a bike that is over a grand and doesn't even include fenders or rack because it's a "racer". If I wanted an over priced Bentley bike I'd build my own and have Chester Frames of Chicago make it for me, not a British company. Cheers Guvnah! 

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2891673591

MISSING BIKE - black track bike (DAMAGED) $200 reward (Lincoln Square)

Date: 2012-03-20, 11:35AM CDT
Reply to: n6mnf-2900053271@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Last night in Lincoln Square, on Lincoln Ave. across from the Grafton I forgot to lock my bike, how it slipped my mind I'll never know. Either way, it is my baby. I spent months putting it together and it is my main and only form of transportation around the city. It is all black and says DAMAGED on the frame. 
If you picked it up, I wouldn't blame you. It wasn't locked and I would have taken it as well. But please, I beg of you, I will give you all the money I have right now ($200) if you give the bike back no questions asked. I can even provide serial numbers to prove it's mine. Thank you. 

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 1

PostingID: 2900053271

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2900053271.html

WTF? "If you picked it up, I wouldn't blame you. It wasn't locked and I would have taken it as well." It's still stealing...I think this guy is "damaged" in the head.

PSYCH!

Trek 720 Touring Bike - $200 (Lincoln Park)

Date: 2012-03-21, 12:43PM CDT
Reply to: cxcsf-2914406941@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

One Trek 720 Touring bike for sale. Great bike but is unfortunately a little too big for me to ride safely so I have to sell it. The bike comes with reflectors, a cushioned seat, a back rack with an attachable and detachable bag for carrying things and also a bag for the front as well. $200 or best offer. Can be delivered if necessary. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking! 

image 0 image 1

PostingID: 2914406941

So NOT a Trek 720 TOURING bike -it's a Multi-Track!  Damn you Trek for recycling your model numbers :(

That is even less forgivable than Schwinn recycling model names over the years.

James BlackHeron said:

So NOT a Trek 720 TOURING bike -it's a Multi-Track!  Damn you Trek for recycling your model numbers :(

I would SO dump by Raleigh Pursuit frame for a genuine Trek 720 with 531 Reyolds if it were anywhere near my size.  $200?    Snap that baby right up...

I used to do short tours on my 720 Multitrack, it worked great! And handled weight really well. I have no idea what year that one is, mine was not the same year.

The Multitrack isn't a terrible frame -but double-butted 531 Reynolds it is not...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service