The Chainlink

I am curious as to what year your bike was made... or what brand.  or any other interesting info, or what you like about it.  Me: (aprox.) 1985 Peugeot.  My reflectors match my paint job (original), I like that. 

Views: 8102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Duppie said:

Oval wheels? Doesn't that make for an uncomfortable ride?

Might be Oval wheels but they spin up faster than the ones I have on my Red OCR.
already made some upgrades too. New Chain Cassette and FD.

That's a nice Peugeot.  Ive had this question for a while... is that disc in your rear wheel covering spokes, or is it in place of spokes?  

Alex Kim said:

1986 Tourmalet!

also just bought a '96 Bianchi Trofeo with full campy which I'm in love with. previous owner put on some veloce brifters sometime after purchase--honestly don't know what year.

Nope, I got four different ones: Cannondale, Fuji, Peugeot, Schwinn.  But they are from the same decade, the 1980's.

I have 6 Colnagos, all have a story 

Which one?  Most of these are with me but a bunch are still in my parents' garage, along with all my dad's old bikes.  We probably have at least 50 between the two of us, mostly cruisers and BMXes.

These are all my bikes, complete and rideable at the moment.

2006 Jamis Nova - commuter/city bike

2005 Surly Cross-Check - long distance

2002 Giant NRS Air - MTB

2000? Surly Stroller - custom racing BMX

2003 Eastern Ace of Spades - beater street BMX

1971 Kia 20" - custom banana seat rat bike

1999 Schwinn Powermatic 20"

2001 Schwinn Pro Stock 20"

1994 GT Vertigo 20"

1985 Diamondback Hot Streak 20"

1979 Royal Enfield REX-1000 20" - my first 20" BMX

1994 Dyno VFR 20"

1985 Ross Piranha 20" - my first 20" BMX with hand brakes & "freewheel"

And my frames with various amounts of parts:

mid-80's Fuji Palisade - needs handlebars & tune - going to a friend soon

1960ish Columbia 26" cruiser - needs tires & tune

1989 Schwinn Sprint - former commuter frame

1987? Schwinn road bike frame - can't remember the model

2003 Trek 4100 26" - former dirt jumper/MTB frame

1983 Schwinn Predator 20"

1987 Mongoose Decade 20"

1987 Schwinn Predator Freeform EX 20"

1991 GT Expert or Interceptor 20"

1992 GT Vertigo 20"

1995 Mongoose Menace 20"

1999 Haro Group 1 20" - "trophy" frame/fork from the first time I got hit by a car

I am just a "wannabe", but I love my bikes for different reasons.

My Surly LHT because it feels so good to ride it in most conditions;

My Linus step through 8 spd IGH because it is a stately, comfortable, city ride;

My 1962 Raleigh 3 speed because it is just fun (but only on sunny days when the pavement is dry).

My steed is a sparkly-grey 1984 Trek 420, made in the USA out of 'magnalloy', the precursor to chromoly. It's a lugged frame uber-bike that's incredibly lightweight for being made of steel, and has taken several beatings over the three years I've had it. I picked it up at Working Bikes, and though it wasn't my first choice, it was the only one that came remotely close to fitting me-a rarity for tall people! Though I think the frame still might be a size too small for me, I don't think I could sell it; it's just a beaut. 

I'm also N+1. I have 14. I'll just mention a few.

I got my 1970 Robin Hood Lenton Sports 44 years ago as a grade school grad present. My first ten speed. It was originally gold colored with Dunlop ww tires, Huret Allvit chain movers, and a Wrights W3N. It is now white with blue fade at the lugs. It sports a Sturmey AM hub with a Cyclo triple cluster and a Favorit PWB derailleur, Bim 39 saddle, and a few other bits.

My PBP bike is a 1991 Miyata 600GT. It has the Wrights saddle from the Robin Hood, SA drum brakes, SunTour V series derailleurs, SunTour Gold 13-28 6 speed freewheel, and a 28-34-40 SR crank. I was compact drive before it had a name.

Then there is The Mighty Dunelt, well known at the FGG. It's a 1964 Dunelt Sports with MTB rims, Bim 39 saddle, and a two speed fixed AW hub.

I just bought a Mongoose Beast, aka Wal-goose, aka Fat Wally, aka a BSO. I call it Fat Ass Wally. This is a turd polishing winter project. Something I can ride to work on the unplowed FRT.

That's enough.

My commuter bike.

'87 specialized Rock Hopper Comp.

Double butted Chrome moly frame with a mix of parts bin running gear and decent wheels I built.

Color combo on that is sick dog.  are those friction or trigger shifters?

notoriousDUG said:

My commuter bike.

Double butted Chrome moly frame with a mix of parts bin running gear and decent wheels I built.

9spd trigger shifters.

Robert Underwood said:

Color combo on that is sick dog.  are those friction or trigger shifters?

notoriousDUG said:

My commuter bike.

I totally agree... 

Whatever bike you have, I think what really makes it valuable, i.e., what makes it YOURS, is the time and effort you put into getting everything adjusted JUST SO (fit-saddle tilt, handlebar angle, etc. and function - perfect shifting, brake pads toed-in properly, etc.) to work and feel just right for YOU.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service