Survey for Design project concerning bike safety in the city. PLEASE HELP!!

Hello all,

Im a design student working on a design project concerning the city of Chicago.  Ive decided to consider bike safety and possible improvements that could be made to help Chicago cyclists.  If you could take a moment and fill out my survey I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Jon.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9JG5TC2

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who wears fucking elbow pads riding a bike in the city!?

Nerds.

I see people wearing bright colored clothing while riding. I don't wear it but people do. Maybe not in certain hipster areas though :))
Took the survey. Good luck. I wish I got to study this kinda stuff when I was in school.

I think I would take the broken arm over elbow pads.

Jennifer on the lake said:

Me, possibly.

I did two or three times this winter, only on the worst days. 

notoriousDUG said:

Nerds.

Wow, I really did not think that would be a thing.

Shows how completely wrong I am.

Kelvin Mulcky said:

I did two or three times this winter, only on the worst days. 

notoriousDUG said:

Nerds.

I have a Gortex enduro motorcycle jacket with semi-flexible internal elbow and shoulder pads and decided that it'd be a wise choice on those crazy days we had this winter. Seemed like i was reading a lot of reports of people going down on the chainlink, so i figured it was a good idea. The jacket looks pretty much like a cordura cycling jacket with vents and reflective elements, you can't even tell it's armored. 

I never went down, but I if I have the gear, I might as well use it...

I know a few people who fell and broke stuff this season.

Kelvin Mulcky said:

I have a Gortex enduro motorcycle jacket with semi-flexible internal elbow and shoulder pads and decided that it'd be a wise choice on those crazy days we had this winter. Seemed like i was reading a lot of reports of people going down on the chainlink, so i figured it was a good idea. The jacket looks pretty much like a cordura cycling jacket with vents and reflective elements, you can't even tell it's armored. 

OK, see that makes tons of sense to me; in my head I was envisioning people wearing skate style elbow pads...

It doesn't have padded elbows but I wear the leather jacket I purchased for motorcycle riding in the winter on the bike a lot myself.

Kelvin Mulcky said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service