The Chainlink

I saw your site being mentioned in an article on how to get your stolen bike back and I'm here taking my chances. Just want to spread the word about my bike that was stolen yesterday (Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012), to my own stupidity or laziness or being too overly complacent I left my bike unlocked on our porch after a great ride at around 12:30pm, I took a nap and woke up around 3:00pm, I forgot about the bike not having any lock and didn't notice it was gone till the next 30mins. I rushed to the front door to check the bike and it was gone. I immediately filed a police report. Again out of maybe obliviousness with the danger of getting my bike stolen, I didn't  wrote down the serial number which makes it worst since the only markings my bike has are little scratches around the frame and 3 dents near the front derailleur. So the cop advise me to just get a new bike. CRAP! Anyhow, I have posted it on Craigslist (http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/3308782190.html) and CSBR (http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/193543) just to spread the word and maybe I was hoping somehow I can get it back. I don't really care much about the cost of the bike but the sentimental value of it is priceless. It was given to me by my wife who works so hard just to see the bike not there anymore. I am appealing to anyone who has seen my bike or have any information that can be helpful, please let me know (email is serarrenvaldez@yahoo.com). I don't have work and is not allowed to work here but I'm willing to give all my savings as a reward just to get my bike back. Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Views: 770

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3 words Swap-o-rama at 4200 S. Ashland ave. They open at 7am on Tuesday. Good luck.

Ace, I worship the ground you walk on, but I don't think an unlocked bike snagged off a porch at Devon and Ridge is going to be likely to make its way there.  More likely to end up being spotted around the neighborhood.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna try the Swap-O-Rama just in case it shows up there, I'm also driving around the neighborhood to see if I could spot it. I'm gonna need all the luck I can get. Thanks again.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service