A friend of mine had his bike stolen yesterday and asked me to post a notice on Chainlink. I walked him through the usual steps: police report; Stolen Bike Registry; Swap-o-Rama. I am posting his description below. He believes the bike may be one that showed up on Craigslist. I'm less familiar with steps for recovering a bike from a Craigslist seller than at Swap-o-Rama, so if anyone can remind me or link to postings that offer advice, this would be much appreciated. His description:

2007 Gary Fisher men’s hybrid bicycle 63-65 cm.
Black paint on the back of the frame; after you get to the Silver Gary Fisher logo, the metal turns silver on the top and bottom tubes. 
Custom Parts:
• Custom made heavy back wheel.
• Vittoria Raindonneur back tire, only a month old.
• Planet Bike "comfort spring" seat, a month and a half old. 

Damage – 
• Rubber grip on the right handle deteriorating.
• Gary Fisher head badge has peeled off, to leave a little glue on the steer tube. 
• Low-hanging rear derailleur and adjustment barrel. 
• Rust on the front derailleur and some rust on the month and a half old chain. 
• The headset has rust inside of it and needs to be replaced. You can see that it’s rusted as the top two bolts that open it are rusted. 

[CL link removed by Moc Artsy]

Thanks.

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome. Thanks guys. I've submitted a report.
Let me know if the pic is OK.
nice! thank you.
I might also suggest visiting Maxwell St. or 7 Mile Fair in Caledonia, WI to see if your bike turns up.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service