The Chainlink

**IF YOU LIVE IN LAWRENCE AND CLARK AREA PLEASE READ**

I can be contacted via phone: 773-616-3094. Texts and Voicemails are allowed

Here's the CSBR listing: http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/193052

Hello Chainlink. I have yet another misfortune in the biking world. My custom made bike was stolen from Wicker Park yesterday. The bike is very distinctive because all parts are different companies along with some stickers that were on the bike. **On the front of the frame where the headset goes is a sticker that says "My friend died because someone opened the door" and along the seat tube down to the cranks is spelled out "TECHNICS" in gold/black font**. I had the bike for one day. I do not have a description of the criminal but I can say that he is a teenager around 16-18 and latino. I have already filed a Registry report but I realize my chances are slim. I have filed a police report for the sake of filing one because I know they wont find it. With your help I maybe will, keep your eyes open, download the picture, make it your homepage (jk), anything to help! Much appreciated!

-the bike was last seen in Lincoln Square [ Lawrence and Clark ] and around Amundsen High School. Actually, I think the kid who stole my bike goes to the school.

Views: 2458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bike has been confirmed to be seen around Lincoln Square around the intersection i posted.

bump

this bike is a beauty and I feel really bad for the owner.

If anyone sees this bike in the area described - please take your u-lock and lock it up ASAP in a public place and call 911 and the original poster immediately. then print off the CSBR entry and show the police,

and the get owner there for the re-union.

911 is a little difficult here. The operator is likely to grill you as to whether it's your bike, and any answer but "yes" is likely to result in them refusing to put it through (I've been in this situation a =bunch= of times.) Then, without a police report number, you're going to have a real tough time if an officer does respond.

Dan! Yes! I need more people like you! Ill edit the post with my contact info

But H. I agree with you, they operators don't seem to know anything other than calling a dispatcher and answering calls.

Vitaliy, I was not intending to disparage 911 operators-- but I would love to see you get that bike back and was trying to give a little push towards having a plan that makes sense if it is spotted.

Not having a police report filed is a very large barrier.

I do have a report. I filed it on the day after, I was too traumatized to file it on the same day. I appreciate it H. I agree with Dan that locking it with a u-lock and calling me asap is the plan. After having me arrive, I would take over I guess. I might bring my own lock so that when I arrived the nice pedestrian would be able to go on their way, or stick around. I would have brought my information and then I would have either called 911 or found an officer.

If you have a police report number, you should send it to the CSBR and your entry will be updated. Your entry does not have a serial number or a police report number-the two most important pieces of information when trying to enlist the assistance of the Chicago Police Department in the recovery of your bike.

Vitaliy said:

I do have a report. I filed it on the day after, I was too traumatized to file it on the same day. I appreciate it H. I agree with Dan that locking it with a u-lock and calling me asap is the plan. After having me arrive, I would take over I guess. I might bring my own lock so that when I arrived the nice pedestrian would be able to go on their way, or stick around. I would have brought my information and then I would have either called 911 or found an officer.

Im not sure how to update my CSBR listing. I do have the report # handy, but I dont have the serial

If you send the information in an email to: info@stolenbike.org, the additional information will be added to your entry. 

Vitaliy said: Im not sure how to update my CSBR listing. I do have the report # handy, but I dont have the serial

Sweet thanks!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service