The Chainlink

!!!STOLEN BIKE 2010 CANNONDALE CX9 CAAD9 CYCLOCROSS!!!

I'm new to the forum and site, unfortunately my introduction to it is because my bike was stolen last night.

It was stolen in Logan Square in front of 2340 N. Milwaukee Ave (Between California and Fullerton). The time was between 6 and 7pm.

It is a 2010 Cannondale CX9 Cyclocross bike. It is all black with white details and lettering. It has all custom picked parts, it is NOT and off-the-shelf bike. Its unique features are;

Easton carbon-fiber fork painted to match bike, a black Arione Fizik saddle, carbon-fiber Tru-Vativ seatpost, RaceFace Revolution bar, Easton EA70 stem, Avid Shorty's (Cyclocross Canti's), Sram Red, Force, & Rival drivetrain > 10speed, handbuilt wheels (by me) > silver Mavic OpenPros with 105 hubs > 32 hole, black SKS full fenders, Conti 700X28 Gatorskin tires, the front skewer is a PitLock locking skewer, the headset spacers are on the top of the stem, and old school SR Sakae Low Fat MTB pedals (the bronze ones, way broken in)

If anyone sees this bike, or has any information I would be very very appreciative as I love this bike very much. I will produce a reward for your time and effort if I can get it back.

Thank you in advance.

Views: 1140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jinx!

Julie Hochstadter said:

thanks for letting the community know.  sorry for your loss. and sorry you couldnt come to us on better circumstances.

please visit the chicago stolen bike registry and put in all the info.  file with the police as well, if you havent.

if you have time, i recommend checking out the swap o rama on ashland on saturday.

damn we quick here

As of yet no report has been received to the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry.

I think we'd need to know how the theft occurred to judge whether it would be likely to turn up at Swap-O-Rama.  There are other "channels" operating around the Milwaukee corridor in Loganland.

2:00 and no entry to the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry.

I realize that it's a little late in the game for this (~9 months), but this sounds remarkably similar to your bike:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-Caad-9-Custom-Cx-Bike-Cyclo-Cros...

Seller is in Chicago.  There are parts that differ from your description, but they are mostly fit parts, e.g. stem/saddle/seatpost/etc as far as I can tell.

Inactive (unregistered) account-- he'll never see this.

Contact info here:

http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/190909

D'oh.  Thanks -- actually it looks like it is a different bike.  The eBay bike is 58 cm, but his was 52.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service