The Chainlink

would like to make this a 3-day-er so the bones can relax a bit longer. lets nail down some dates.

Slingshot via metra to Joliet.  google maps proposed route.  ~62 miles along the I&M canal trail that follows the Des Plaines and Illinois Rivers, and of course, the canal and is almost entirely off roads. there is a shortcut that can shave 3 miles but takes ya off the I&M trail. 

googledoc link for reservations

rsvp's will be made for commitment purposes and site reservations via googledoc/paypal.

mules are welcome!

Views: 2263

Replies to This Discussion

I think we need reservations but since not many people seem to be interested in doing this based on the recent activity we probably just need 2 sites, I'm fine with reserving a site.  We should coordinate to make sure we have adjacent sites and let the others find sites if they're coming.  

I count 9 people on the 'happy campers' list, so we'll have to reserve 3 sites.

S said:

I think we need reservations but since not many people seem to be interested in doing this based on the recent activity we probably just need 2 sites, I'm fine with reserving a site.  We should coordinate to make sure we have adjacent sites and let the others find sites if they're coming.  

9 people did say they wanted to do it, but now is the time when rubber is hitting the pavement and I haven't seen any responses from most of these people.  Since we're reserving individual sites, why reserve a bunch of sites and spend money on the reservations if they're not going to be coming?

im prepared to get one, but i need to coordinate with at least one other person so buy simultaneously sites next to eachother

karlene, ya wanna?

Sure Iggy, I'd be up for that.  Perhaps the sites I mentioned (124-125) on July 7/8?

I am definately in!  Please let me know if I can do anything to help!

True.  I'm definitely in.

S said:

9 people did say they wanted to do it, but now is the time when rubber is hitting the pavement and I haven't seen any responses from most of these people.  Since we're reserving individual sites, why reserve a bunch of sites and spend money on the reservations if they're not going to be coming?

I'm mostly in, for Sat and Sun only. Still need to see if 28 fits my road bike. Please let me know what to do to confirm?

suches, lemme know when ya wanna

Lets grab something this weekend, I just checked the reservations site and things are getting booked up fairly quickly.  It looks like we won't be able to get 3 sites in a row but we could do 5,6 or 12,13 or 24,25 for adjacent sites.  All of them have another site just one over so it isn't too bad.  I'll text you to coordinate.

Word. Before 1030 am tomo? Morning Sunday, or this eve?

site 24 and 25 are reserved. thank you suches!

we going campin....we goin campin...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service