South Side Ride of Silence? (Closed-- see new ROS planning thread).

Elizabeth mentioned on some other discussion sometime back that 'someone' should organize a south side ride of silence.

I thought I'd put out feelers and see who might be interested in making this happen, or just participating.

I'd be willing to take on getting ghost bikes made and placed in advance of the ride  (all of the sites we'd visit either have had their bikes removed or are waiting to have one made.)

-h

New thread:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/who-can-help-get-some-ghos...

Views: 838

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to see the Ghost Bike replaced at 18th & Morgan that was removed during street renovations last year. I'm on the Lower West Side (Pilsen/Heart of Chicago) area and would like to participate. I'm more than happy to volunteer my time & energy.

-El Barton

I would ride!

I'd ride.

I would ride as well (35/Michigan)

Great folks... if you're at the Chicago Bike Swap on Saturday, stop by the Chicago Ride of Silence table and introduce yourself. We'd love to see you and talk with you more about a dual North-South ROS in Chicago for 2013.

In the meantime, like us on FB and join our Chainlink group.

I will ride

We are hoping to have a meeting to discuss possible route(s) for this year's Chicago Ride of Silence. There is room for multiple ROS events - and all can be called the same thing - Chicago (North) RoS, Chicago (South) RoS OR maybe we'll just have a Chicago ROS and stay more central... pending interest.

Look for word of a meeting next week in the loop one evening early next week!

More details to follow... but the meeting will likely be at a cafe space in Ogilvie Train Station (500 W. Madison) next Monday or Tuesday evening at 6pm.

h',

I am in for the South Side RoS.

If you let me know what and where you need me, I may be able to give you a helping hand.

It was discussed, but never listed and never happened.

h' 1.0 said:

I could swear there was an event listing for last week?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Why not just a single Ride of Silence that visits both the north and south sides?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service