Has anyone ever ridden to Soldier Field for a Bears game (or other event)?  What is the bike parking situation over there?  I'm making a rare journey to see the Bears play in person next Sunday and I would like to avoid the CTA if possible. 

Views: 3525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.  We rode up for the first regular season game.  There are racks just outside the North entrance.  Not a lot, but we had plenty of room to lock up.  If these are full, there are tons of bike racks just East of the Museum just North of Soldier Field; probably equivalent of a two block walk.

There may be more.  I quit looking after I found enough to satisfy my parking needs.

Awesome, thanks!

This came up in a discussion today and a friend referenced this thread. The racks I always lock to are highlighted. Also not a ton of racks there, but I've always found a spot. Bears. 

Where are you coming from? Is Divvy an option for you? It might be better than worrying about your bike for the whole game.

Good suggestion Adam. I am coming from work in McKinley park. There are no Divvy options out here. One option is to ride the train into the city, check out a Divvy, and ride to the stadium. But, that defeats the whole convenience factor that owning my own bicycle gives me. I would rather hold onto my freedom and take the risk, than pay the extra time and money for security. (Plus I have a massive U-lock) 

Unless I am missing something here, is that area notorious for theft?  

Interesting.  I will say that as a long time Field Museum employee I am not familiar with any complaints about bikes getting stolen around here.  We have a lot of staff who actually prefer to lock their bikes up outside as our indoor bike cage isn't convenient for them (it's a big place).

I've been using the Divvy bikes to go to/from Jackson & State, and it is AWESOME. Today I left one of my bus options in the dust and caught up and passed another one.  Reliably is getting my public trans commute from Belmont & Kimball down from 50 - 60m to 45m flat.  I would of course prefer to just bike the whole way, but various family and other commitments get in the way, I've already justified the Divvy membership fee in just a few months.

h' 1.0 said:

Thousands of reports to the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry suggest that Lakefront bike thefts are almost exclusively limited to snipping cable locks.

T.K. 8.4 mi said:

Unless I am missing something here, is that area notorious for theft?  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service