This would be pretty useful for the 4 or 5 days we really need them

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On those days when these tires would work (and my LBS guys at Pony say they would let you ride on an ice rink safely), I walk and take the train.  Even if drivers are extra careful, the common skidding and spinning out caused by icy conditions just makes it too dangerous for my tastes.  I realize this makes me a wimp of some kind, but so be it.

Unfortunately the demo video also has the grips sliding visibly off the tires. Pity. 

Having installed tire chains on all kinds of trucks and equipment I am not sold until I see a video that shows how easy/hard they are to put in without a work stand or loads of tools.  Chains like that are only useful if they are easy enough to put on that you actually use them.

totally agree Doug, I just thought it was an interesting concept, way better then zip ties

Also you can tell the rider is being more careful with the chains on. Its like he's not even trying to stay up during the first part. It looks like it might be a good idea if your entire ride was ice or snow. I wonder how well the chains would hold up on stretches of concrete.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service