The Chainlink

Saturday night, my sister and I were riding home on Damen at 2:30am. As we were coming up to the United Center on Damen & Madison, a white car drove past us and shot at us w/t a BB Gun about 4-5 times. One of the BB's hit my sister on her thigh and bounced off, or at least I hope it did, but left her quite a wound. Has anyone else been shot at w/t a BB Gun while riding?

I'm contemplating not using Damen so late at night. Any suggestions on what routes to take heading south towards Pilsen at the crack of dawn?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

VD, do you have any constructive suggestions for bicycle routes from Pilsen/Little Village to Wickertown/Logan Square? Or are you going to continue to disparage certain neighborhoods with thinly veiled euphemisms for "black people live there."? If so, do you have any suggestions for me that will help me avoid cycling through neighborhoods that are over 50% black? Here's a resource to help you identify those areas. Maybe I should just buy a car or move to the suburbs. Oh, wait, there are black people in the suburbs, too!

And no, I will not trust you.

Constructive post or stand down.

Video_Drome said:
Howard....
that's not a safe route at all homie. trust me...its BLOCKS from my house. Once you get past lake on leavitt, it's HOOD. that's right.... HOOD. a la not safe.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service