San Francisco Police Have Twitter Account Tracking Stolen Bikes

They have even started "outing" bike thieves by posting their pics on twitter.  Seems like San Francisco's bike scene is more active than ours....and their theft situation is worse.

Maybe CPD will start a similar account so we can share info on stolen bikes, thieves, hotspots, etc.?

Article.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The picture in that article makes me wonder if cordless cut-off tools shouldn't be "behind the counter" in much the same way Sudafed is.

well I'm assuming that as the weather is more bike friendly there..and I am guess the Bay area has a younger popular, there are more bikes and hence more bikes to steal. A  much higher cost of living might push people into bike theft who might not do so here. Rents are 2-3x what they are here.

h' 1.0 said:

I'm having a hard time making sense out of this article and exactly how Twitter got someone a bike back.

Can anyone help?

Also, what would the basis be for saying that SF's bike theft situation is worse than ours?

As to tools being behind a counter-- I doubt the majority of thieves buy them at Lowe's and Menards.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service