HELMETS!  Why doesn't evey bicycle or motorcycle rider wear one?

Any Bicyclists or Motorcyclists riders' First Line of Defense is a Safety Helmet!

When I saw a young lady riding her bicycle without a Helmet I asked her why didn't she wear one?  Her answer was: "It will mess up my hair."  Then I asked her: "What would you if your head were shaved from a massive head injury? Would you still be worried about your hair in a garbage bin at a Hospital?"  She did not reply.

I also see many motorcycle riders whose Helmets are attached to their Seats behind them; I wonder what good would the Helmet do them in case they had an accident? 

I think that our group should start a movement to re-enforce the wearing of Safety Helmets among our members and then try to spread this message accross other rider communities! 

Does anyone have any good ideas, or am I too late to even start this discussion?   

I'd like to hear from all of you, especially the leading members of this wonderful Organization!

Sincerely yours, Steve I. Horvath 

Views: 217

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad you asked. Yes, you are too late to start this discussion. Please search past threads for interminable helmet discussions. If it's not too much trouble, please lose the ALL CAPS to denote urgency and significance to your message.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service