The Chainlink

Views: 614

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You're asking $300 for a bike you paid $250 for? Seriously? Must have been one hell of a train ticket.

^agreed. even said that she found a better bike for the same price.

I don't see a problem with the price of a bike going up after being tuned and cleaned up with a few new parts like cables/brakes/tires.  Tune-ups on older bikes that have been sitting dormant for years  will rarely cost you a mere $50 in this city -especially if new parts are added into that price. 

This is a nice old higher-end Schwinn with a lugged frame, downtube shifters and alloy wheelset.  Looks to be +/- 58cm and if it fits the next owner it would make a fine budget road bike and commuter -someone could do a lot worse for this price range and if it truly is tuned and ready to ride (and it looks like those are newer decent-quality flat-resistant tires on it) isn't a terrible price.   One could do a lot worse -I've seen much worse.  Check out the Craigslist/ebay funny thread.

The asking price, and the bike, aren't really worthy of ridicule IMHO.  If one thinks the price is a bit high then don't buy it, or make the seller an offer that one thinks is fair and see if it flies.

So it's a '79 Strawberry Red Schwinn Super Le Tour II?  The catalog has a list price of $249.00, in '79 dollars.  Roughly $830.00 in 2012 bucks, with a 3.72 % annual rate of inflation.

Good thing I've enough Schwinn steel bikes, this ones my size.  Red bikes are faster too.  

Is this still for sale and where are you located?

Red bikes ARE faster. :D

You should see my red Jamis. It's a screamer!

Gerry G said:

So it's a '79 Strawberry Red Schwinn Super Le Tour II?  The catalog has a list price of $249.00, in '79 dollars.  Roughly $830.00 in 2012 bucks, with a 3.72 % annual rate of inflation.

Good thing I've enough Schwinn steel bikes, this ones my size.  Red bikes are faster too.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service