The Chainlink

Hey all,

I got invited to join this group on facebook because of another group I'm associated with. 

Regardless of how you feel about "hipsters" living in Pilsen, a group promoting violence against cyclists is unacceptable. I would encourage everyone to send a message to the woman who formed this group and share your thoughts. 

Posts in the group such as this: 

'I hit a hipster with my car smoking a roll up and she call me a spic.. and kept on biking'

'ooo how about getting in a car really fast and then opening the driver door side when they roll up...and they are riding with no hand hopefully lol'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/389596544418471/

Views: 5021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a reply from facebook saying they could not confirm the group represented a credible threat of violence (which is what I reported it as)

edit: I guess maybe they looked after the name change.

According to what FB sent me when I reported this (and this was before the name change), their response was the same as what Chris B received: they could not confirm that the group represented a credible threat of violence.  I reported the group this past Saturday.

I got the same response.  I also assumed they looked at it after the name change.

Melanie K said:

According to what FB sent me when I reported this (and this was before the name change), their response was the same as what Chris B received: they could not confirm that the group represented a credible threat of violence.  I reported the group this past Saturday.

I did click the feedback link saying I was dissatisfied, that Viki (or whoever) only seemed to look at the new name, not at the posts or the private messages containing threats that were originating from the group, and I quoted a few, and that they should examine groups more closely when reported.

Of course, i'm sure they have millions of reports and only so much time.

OK, then that's not "you all." I think I adequately expressed my dismay that anyone had the poor judgment to give them exactly what they wanted. Who are you directing this at?

notoriousDUG said:

Reporting it is one thing; spending time arguing with a moron out for attention is another.

h' said:

Who got suckered?
People die all the time getting pushed off of bikes. Our people. The idea that there's something funny about it needs to be fought. It's about as acceptable as a Facebook group called "put a Jew in your oven in the 60608" or "beat a faggot to death in the 60608" or "hang [a person of color] from a tree in the 60608."

Thanks again to the OP for the alert.

notoriousDUG said:

BINGO!

You all got suckerd by a bunch of hipsters moving to Pilsen but trying to convince themselves they aren't the ones who are dicking up the 'hood.

Kellie said:

Hmmm...it's my understanding that the one true sign of a hipster is severe self loathing.

Dont we all love hipsters?

I love you Martin! :-)

Welcome to the club, James.

James BlackHeron said:

This is why I'm becoming a misanthrope.   The human race pretty much all sucks equally. 

Jared said:

I'm sort of rooting for a super-nova before humanity infects the whole galaxy.

I was hating on hipsters before it was cool

As long as this thread has been bounced to the top, can anyone conform or deny the claim that the city removed the Ghost Bike on 18th?

Interesting Gawker piece here abut how FB "removes" dark content that might explain why it heistates with this dumbass site :)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service