The Chainlink

Presentations and demos at Saturday's Chicago Bike Swap! [88/100]

Hey folks,

The presentation schedule and demo info for Saturday's swap is posted-- check it out!

http://chicagobikeswap.org/presentations-demos/

Many thanks to all who've helped put things together, from participants to organizers/facilitators (you know who you are :-)  )

This year we have a lot more space, and will be able to leverage it into lots more fun.

Indoor Bike Polo- how cool is that?

Also, while I've got you....  although we expect 2000+ visitors, it's almost become kind of a superstition thingy for me to see us break 100 on the chainlink RSVPs for the swap.... help me sleep easily Friday night by checking in as "attending" here if you haven't already:

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/chicago-bike-swap-2013

(I'm going to add the current number of positive RSVPs to the subject line and update frequently)

See you there!

-h'

Views: 1368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will do,

if any one sees a person with a decent video camera tackle them and hold them to the ground until they agree to shoot some video. Normally this is legally frowned upon but in this case ( i think it falls under the jurisprudence of creative necessity) but in this case it's ok.  Still unless I get a button I will burn the whole place to the ground

Haddon

Crafty Cycling Chick said:

I have a Vado and a tabletop tripod you can use. Pick them up from Joseph at the Illinois Bike Attorneys table. Bonus points if you record The Racketeers' performance!

Haddon said:

STILL LOOKING FOR A VIDEO CAMERA.

Harlem shake, is there one taker? Just one?

h

If that doesn't bump the reservation list over 100 I don't know what will...

OK, so I have taken the time to familiarize myself with this "Harlem Shake" which seems to fascinate you humans so.  If I may be so bold as to ask:

Is there any chance an attendee could consider it sexually suggestive to the point of being upset or offended?

I've poked around Youtube a bit and I see a bit of variance in technique (to the point where I don't know exactly what specific motions characterize this 'move')-- about 50% of performers seem to think that pelvic thrusting is the main feature.  Perspectives appreciated.

he said bump heh heh

James BlackHeron said:

If that doesn't bump the reservation list over 100 I don't know what will...

:-)

On that note, I have never found myself lusting after buttons until now.

Of course there's a chance of offending someone. Those people are probably still offended by this.

h' 1.0 said:

OK, so I have taken the time to familiarize myself with this "Harlem Shake" which seems to fascinate you humans so.  If I may be so bold as to ask:

Is there any chance an attendee could consider it sexually suggestive to the point of being upset or offended?

I've poked around Youtube a bit and I see a bit of variance in technique (to the point where I don't know exactly what specific motions characterize this 'move')-- about 50% of performers seem to think that pelvic thrusting is the main feature.  Perspectives appreciated.

...sez the fowl woman!

Of course there's a chance of offending someone. Those people are probably still offended by this.

I don't understand the response to this thread. We're talking about bicycle buttons offending people at a bicycle swap meet and yet I am percieved as being invisible!? Very few people understand me and others have had that problem. Namely Einstein, the Wright broters and Edison. Who took me up on my maple syrup ride? The snow will be gone by then and if not I will cancel it.
I have a vid cam that is as high resolution as it gets. VHS analog. Who wants to convert it to digital.? This new technology not only isn't as good as conventional technolgy but goes so far as to suck. It's OK for news reporters but if I ever got married the photographer better have a film camera.

LOOK DING-DONGS WE DON'T HAVE A HIGH-DEF VIDEO CAMERA IT'S FOR NOTHING

Pelvic thrusting not a necessity.

CAMERA NEEDED

haddon

Allright Twinkie-poo... maybe it's time to explain what you mean by "hi-def?"

Why won't someone's iPhone cut it?

Haddon said:

LOOK DING-DONGS WE DON'T HAVE A HIGH-DEF VIDEO CAMERA IT'S FOR NOTHING

Pelvic thrusting not a necessity.

CAMERA NEEDED

haddon

Douglas Iverson said: