The Chainlink

Presentations and demos at Saturday's Chicago Bike Swap! [88/100]

Hey folks,

The presentation schedule and demo info for Saturday's swap is posted-- check it out!

http://chicagobikeswap.org/presentations-demos/

Many thanks to all who've helped put things together, from participants to organizers/facilitators (you know who you are :-)  )

This year we have a lot more space, and will be able to leverage it into lots more fun.

Indoor Bike Polo- how cool is that?

Also, while I've got you....  although we expect 2000+ visitors, it's almost become kind of a superstition thingy for me to see us break 100 on the chainlink RSVPs for the swap.... help me sleep easily Friday night by checking in as "attending" here if you haven't already:

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/chicago-bike-swap-2013

(I'm going to add the current number of positive RSVPs to the subject line and update frequently)

See you there!

-h'

Views: 1368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There must be alot of information on the bike swap website. My browser won't go there. It tells me it contains too much information then shuts down.

To avert disaster, h' 1.0 needs at least 25 more Chainlinkers to RSVP "will attend" here:  http://www.thechainlink.org/events/chicago-bike-swap-2013

Thank you!!!  Let's do it!

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

To avert disaster, h' 1.0 needs at least 25 more Chainlinkers to RSVP "will attend" here:  http://www.thechainlink.org/events/chicago-bike-swap-2013

I could sign up 25 sock-puppet accounts...

Hey,

So in looking over the schedule and did not see when you will be filming the

CHICAGO BIKE SWAP HARLEM SHUFFLE (you know the 30 second thing)

It's very much 'of the moment' and takes what, all of 5 minutes to do? Would make a cute addition to the event and a lingering video and people can point to blurry little figures and say "that's me with a pedal wrench in each hand"

I'd offer but my camera isn't up to snuff, so who has a high def camera?

haddon

It's called a "Harlem Shake".

Please don't do this. This meme has been played out already. </GrumpyCat>

Haddon said:

Hey,

So in looking over the schedule and did not see when you will be filming the

CHICAGO BIKE SWAP HARLEM SHUFFLE (you know the 30 second thing)

It's very much 'of the moment' and takes what, all of 5 minutes to do? Would make a cute addition to the event and a lingering video and people can point to blurry little figures and say "that's me with a pedal wrench in each hand"

I'd offer but my camera isn't up to snuff, so who has a high def camera?

haddon

Wow,

Oversensitivity to meme status.  Sign of to much time spent online.  It would be fun for everyone except you.  To toss cold water on music and dancing is pretty lame, try anti-depressants.

H

>Please don't do this. This meme has been played out already. </GrumpyCat>

Was there ever any doubt that I spend too much time online? XD

Haddon said:

Wow,

Oversensitive to meme status.  Sign of to much time spent online.  I would be fun for everyone except you.  To toss cold water on music and dancing is pretty lame, try anti-depressants.

H

>Please don't do this. This meme has been played out already. </GrumpyCat>

As long as it doesn't involve a cup, I'm cool with the over-used memes. 

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I Agree.

James BlackHeron said:

As long as it doesn't involve a cup, I'm cool with the over-used memes. 

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I checked our contractual fine print, rules and regulations, and consulted with our event team...there is nothing prohibiting a Harlem Shake at the Chicago Bike Swap. We'd just ask that, maybe, you please consider keeping it away from the kids area.

Thanks,

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans

I will admit to being oblivious to this meme, but I'd love to see anyone who has an idea for something fun that can happen at the swap take the bull by the horns and make it so.

If this was a serious suggestion, I'd suggest the Bike Polo area immediately after the Racketeers' performance as a pretty optimal time and place. I think we'll have bullhorns on hand if you want to try to round people up for it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service