The Chainlink

North Branch Trail to Chicago Botanic Garden (with "Bicycle Chicago" Meetup)

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to invite all of you to come out with us to ride out to the Chicago Botanic Garden this Sunday on October 17th, at 9:30.  You can find out more details from the link below. 

http://www.meetup.com/chicagoland-cycling/calendar/14753385/

If you aren't a member, it's fast and easy to join.  Who are we?  CCM is the Chicago Cycling meetup. 
Casual Rides for fun all over the Chicagoland area. See great neighborhoods, beautiful scenery and meet great people too! Rides range
from slow rides 8-12 mph to fast rides 22 mph. 

If you have any questions let me know. 

Gabriel 

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Worked for me!

A lawyer giving me grief about the use of words - funny

Kevin Conway said:
Hooked on Phonics, Ryan?

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
Or how to use homophones correctly! :)

envane x said:
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO WHERE, FASCIST.

JDFUN said:
Why not just buy a helmet and enjoy the ride?
Haha, that's the first thing I thought too when I saw 'CCMAdmin'

CCMAdmin, prehaps you could change your handle to 'CCMUAdmin' or 'CCMeetupAdmin'.

Jason W said:
"Who are we? CCM is the Chicago Cycling meetup."

No, CCM is Chicago Critical Mass.

Jason W said:

CCM is also Canadian Cycle and Motor (who has CCM trademarked) and a lot of other entities. Do a Google and you'll find lots of CCM's.

The Meetup.com entity is "Chicagoland Cycling Meetup (CCM)"
http://www.meetup.com/chicagoland-cycling/

JDFUN said:

Jason W said:

CCM is also Canadian Cycle and Motor (who has CCM trademarked) and a lot of other entities. Do a Google and you'll find lots of CCM's.

I'm not googling anything. If you ask people around here, the vast majority will say CCM is Chicago Critical Mass. That is what is relevant. If they don't want to change, then that's fine. No one will know what they are talking about, but it's their right...
Well, CCM could mean a lot of things depending on what you are asking about. Sure, CCM is also Chicago Critical mass, but to argue about what CCM is when we distinctly define 'who we are' is a bit insignificant.

Jason W said:

JDFUN said:

Jason W said:

I'm not googling anything. If you ask people around here, the vast majority will say CCM is Chicago Critical Mass. That is what is relevant. If they don't want to change, then that's fine. No one will know what they are talking about, but it's their right...
I saw this today-- it explains CCM's helmet requirement. Obviously some sort of for-profit endeavor being passed off as a "social event." I'll bet they "lend" you the helmet and then make you buy it at the end of the ride at some ridiculous price because there's some scratch or smudge on it . . .
I have to say the incorporated eye protection is kind of nice though.

Ha....how and where did you find that picture?

H3N3 said:
I saw this today-- it explains CCM's helmet requirement. Obviously some sort of for-profit endeavor being passed off as a "social event." I'll bet they "lend" you the helmet and then make you buy it at the end of the ride at some ridiculous price because there's some scratch or smudge on it . . .

Ha! Very nice!
I found it in my camera after I took it :-)

Julie Hochstadter said:
Ha....how and where did you find that picture?

H3N3 said:

This thread has gone from ridiculous to just plain dumb.

I hope you had a good turn out Gabriel. The North Branch is a nice ride.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service