The Chainlink

My commute to the office...I expect to be slammed by some, but not all.

Daytime...last leg into the loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslhVSNGV3o

First leg home at night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodWWlVTehY

Now don't be too mean...I am a bit sensitive if you didn't know.

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I'm there. People like you tend to keep me there, for the record.

But you don't have to listen, after all. I'm not a 'real' biker, since I have gears. *wink*
Thumbs down.
Liked the spray paint SFX. urban. gritty.
Night ride reminded me of that Pontiac Vibe campaign. Missed the chick with the newsboy cap though.
Santa is bringin someone a bell for xmas
Hitchcock and Woody Allen used long takes too, not sure it works here however.
This would be more badass with gratuitous profanity, bar spins, and a hip hop soundtrack. But you showed admirable restraint in that regard.

room for improvement bro. but I did sit through parts I and II.
Actually it is an open internet discussion forum; everyone here is talking to everyone else...

ishnock aka the blue baron said:
stop instigating because no one was talking
to you.
I'm sorry but I am not buying that you are doing your best to not interfere with pedestrians; you where way to close to them when you came across the crosswalks running reds in my opinion.

The video does make it hard to tell for sure because distance is harder to judge but in my opinion the degree to which you pushed lights and dodged cars is taking a little to much risk for my tastes.

Just curious but do you have a decent amount of car/pedestrian interactions that are not the happiest?
I felt like I was there, riding the bike, and I was actually gritting my teeth and getting nervous when you swerved next to pedestrians. Bike cam was a rad move.

I bike like this, except I don't get that close to peds (although it's hard to tell, the camera may make it seem like you were closer than you were). I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you are experienced and know what you are doing. Blowing red lights is one of the highlights of biking for me. A biker is primarily risking his own life; you are unlikely to hurt anyone else by taking chances. Not to say that you shouldn't take consequences and other people into consideration, but a speeding ton of metal four times your size and moving twice as fast is much more likely to hurt other people in it's commute.
Who comes out better when a speeding cyclist hits a pedestrian?

Bloody Malth said:
I felt like I was there, riding the bike, and I was actually gritting my teeth and getting nervous when you swerved next to pedestrians. Bike cam was a rad move.

I bike like this, except I don't get that close to peds (although it's hard to tell, the camera may make it seem like you were closer than you were). I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you are experienced and know what you are doing. Blowing red lights is one of the highlights of biking for me. A biker is primarily risking his own life; you are unlikely to hurt anyone else by taking chances. Not to say that you shouldn't take consequences and other people into consideration, but a speeding ton of metal four times your size and moving twice as fast is much more likely to hurt other people in it's commute.
I enjoyed watching. Its something i can watch while on the rollers :D
First, I'm glad that you are having fun on your bike. Second, give grace to the peds in the crosswalk! I don't care if you clip the heels of the idiots with masters degrees who just dart between trucks and cabs in the middle of the block, but the peds in the crosswalk deserve more respect! Lastly, get some work on the rollers and smooth out that pedal stroke.
hard to watch. pedestrians have the right of way. you must be under 25 years old without a significant other or children.
notoriousDUG said:
I'm sorry but I am not buying that you are doing your best to not interfere with pedestrians; you where way to close to them when you came across the crosswalks running reds in my opinion.

The video does make it hard to tell for sure because distance is harder to judge but in my opinion the degree to which you pushed lights and dodged cars is taking a little to much risk for my tastes.

Just curious but do you have a decent amount of car/pedestrian interactions that are not the happiest?

Peds...one in the last few years. No shit...just one, thought I'm sure that is a function of moving quickly among other things, but I never hear anyone yell "asshole" or anything like that.

Cars, none that I can recall, unless I initiate it.
Gibbles T. Chimp said:
I park(ed) in that same bike room!

You should still be parking there!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service