The Chainlink

Hello friends,

I am very sad to say my bike was missing (along with my roommates Cannondale) this morning. My boyfriend's bikes were left, along with my commuter Raleigh rush hour, and some other not as attractive frames. It was in my living room in my fourth floor loft space at 3036 n. lincoln. The bicycle that was stolen is the Felt F4 2010, size 52. It has mixed Sram components (Red levers, force crankset and derailer). The bars are white with white bar tape. The headset is black. The saddle is a specialized woman's carbon. Pedals are look. cables are white.

I filed with the police and chicago.stolenbike.org

http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/192703

thanks for looking. if anyone hears or sees any info please email me: lilpovlich@gmail.com

this is my first road bike. I built her up and am completely heartbroken. I dont care who took it or details. I just want my baby back. Please help a sister out.

-

Lily

Views: 576

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

such an awesome bike. sorry to hear :( 

Someone broke in and stole your bike from your LIVING ROOM?

That sucks so much.  I hope your bike shows up and they catch the B&E jerk who did this. 

It was stolen from your apartment?  

I'm so sorry to hear.  I had my bike stolen outside my office two years ago.  It hurts a lot.  

I found mine at the Swap - o -rama at 4200 s ashland.  It's one of many places to go to look for your bike. 

Sometimes Chainlinkers go to the swap to look for bikes listed on the stolen bike registry and call the rightful owner to come down and get their bike.  

Maybe it's time to do another round?  I can head down Saturday to look. 

Lilly - I'd recommend if you go, also go during the week if you can. 

Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4pm (Indoors & Outdoors)

Tuesday 7am to 2pm (Outdoors only)

Thursday 7am to 3pm (Outdoors only)

ditto. that felt seems easily recognizable. I will keep a lookout

Dan

This thread apparently sunk to page two before any of you tuned in today (only 10 threads are visible on the main page, unfortunately.)

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/swap-o-rama-bike-recovery-...

Probably would be courteous to coordinate with her since she took the trouble to initiate.

I personally don't  think these bikes are likely to turn up at Swap-O-Rama but any heat people can keep on that place is good heat (as long as nobody buys anything!!!)

Julie Hochstadter said:

It was stolen from your apartment?  

I'm so sorry to hear.  I had my bike stolen outside my office two years ago.  It hurts a lot.  

I found mine at the Swap - o -rama at 4200 s ashland.  It's one of many places to go to look for your bike. 

Sometimes Chainlinkers go to the swap to look for bikes listed on the stolen bike registry and call the rightful owner to come down and get their bike.  

Maybe it's time to do another round?  I can head down Saturday to look. 

Lilly - I'd recommend if you go, also go during the week if you can. 

Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4pm (Indoors & Outdoors)

Tuesday 7am to 2pm (Outdoors only)

Thursday 7am to 3pm (Outdoors only)Th

I will be at the swap on Saturday looking for my bike if you want to join.  If I see yours I'll make a post.

If you see a bike, you need to call the owner immediately. The inventory at the Swap O Rama rotates rather frequently.

Michelle Marie Turnis said:

I will be at the swap on Saturday looking for my bike if you want to join.  If I see yours I'll make a post.

This was my suspicion when I initially saw the post.

Lily Povlich said:

[snip] Im starting to suspect it was an inside job...

+1  Me too.

-which is a more horrifying and violating proposition than having the bike stolen in the first place.  It might be time to re-key your locks...

Kevin C said:

This was my suspicion when I initially saw the post.

Lily Povlich said:

[snip] Im starting to suspect it was an inside job...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service