The Chainlink

Yo, yo. So I am indeed planning milwaukee 2.0 for later in the summer, which will include both a race category and a relaxed category and hopefully we'll get a big ol' group for that!

First though, a challenge.

Milwaukee there and back. same day. that's 160 miles. one day. My buddy casey is in, are you?

June 13.

Obviously we travel light, fast and self-sufficient and at a fast clip (20 mph avg), with a brief stop in milwaukee for beers and lunch then turn it around and head on back. 6 AM start. return before dark. Emergency bailout provided by metra.

Do you like the imposing name? You in?

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been wanting to do this exact ride for a while. Going to have to wait though- I'm not in good enough shape just yet for a 160 mile brevet.
I am definitely in for the race group...

-Ali
No dude, I think you got it right. we're gonna do out and back same day (13th). We'll do the race to milwaukee in July (i.e. Milwaukee 2.0 at a date TBD)
So wait...I am confused now...The ride is on June 13th am I correct?

-Ali
Yes Ali.

The Milwauke-and-back is THIS Saturday, June 13th.

Milwaukee 2.0 which will be ride or race, depending on what you want, is at a TBD July date.

Does that clear it up for you?

Ali said:
-Ali
Thanks Ryan, do you know where is the start and the time?

-Ali

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
Yes Ali.

The Milwauke-and-back is THIS Saturday, June 13th.

Milwaukee 2.0 which will be ride or race, depending on what you want, is at a TBD July date.

Ali said:
-Ali
June 13, 6AM
Location is still TBD by Chris as far as I know.

For Milwaukee 1.0, we met at the Starbucks at Berwyn and Clark on the northside, FYI.

Ali said:
Thanks Ryan, do you know where is the start and the time?
-Ali
Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
Yes Ali.

The Milwauke-and-back is THIS Saturday, June 13th. Milwaukee 2.0 which will be ride or race, depending on what you want, is at a TBD July date.

Ali said:
-Ali
yo guys, sorry I was in SFO for a long weekend of riding, mountain biking trail running and eating.

Yeah, now I'm back (boo)

Final role-call, who would be in FOR SURE? Obviously I'm doing this on little planning. We leave Chi real early (meet 530, leave 6), we can rendevous with smash in milwaukee and do a quick bite and then saddle up and head back.

we would meet and leave from the northside--say, foster and clark starbucks. If you're in for sure send me a personal message with your cell # on gmail: cgilbe1 at gmail dot com.
What is the route you all will be taking? Is there a map somewhere of the best roads to get there? I'm interested in riding to Milwaukee, drinking beer and crashing, not coming back the same day! Thanks!
Yo katie--I'm going light on the planning this time (mainly cos I just got back from vacation yesterday and will be putting ina ton of overtyime from now through saturday early AM)

basically there's two main ways to get up there: rural or sheridan. either way you basically take sheridan (route 41) north for like 25-30 miles (till kenosha) then stay on sheridan, or if you wanna get more wisconsin-y, like I usually do, take a rural route (we did H last time, I believe).

Not sure on saturdays route yet, gonna depend on weather and winds, but probably will go rural.

if ya wanna join us just let me know and I'll fill ya in on details. also, search the forum for our earlier post about milwaukee.
Alright, ladies and gents, if you want in send me an e-mail by 8 PM.

cgilbe1 at gmail . com

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service