The Chainlink

McGrath Lexus Driving Into Traffic at Elston & Division - Insights Needed

Twice during my morning commutes on Elston, I've seen individuals* leave the McGrath Lexus main entrance by turning left into the right hand lane and driving until they can get around the line of cars waiting at the intersection or until there is a small opening in the line of cars that they can get through. Both times this has occured I have been in the right lane and the car has been headed directly towards me.  For those of you who ride Elston, be careful!

I get that the company is placed at an awkward spot for a left turn - my guess is they are 25 feet or less from the light. And you bet your bottom dollar I'd be frustrated as a driver trying to turn left at an intersection that regularly has lines of cars at a stop light. That being said, this is extremely dangerous, especially on a road often traveled by cyclists. Before I stop into the dealership to speak with a manager about this, I wanted to see if any of you have had similar experiences? If so, can you send me as many details as possible, as I want to stress the graveness of this situation.

*I'm 90% sure it has been the same person both times, but I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt

Views: 5501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gopher Biker,

I first apologize for the late response as I have been out ill with some unexpected surgery. Two weeks it cost me. I did forward your complaint upon receiving it, to to Kevin McGrath at Acura and he assured me that he and his staff are on the case. Please accept my apologies and get me an update on what you're seeing. I will be back on top of things in a few days.

Regards,

John Douglass

John,

I hope you are all right and the surgery went well. Again, thanks for looking into this issue. As far as an update is concerned, last night there were 14 cars parked illegally between the slight curve and Evergreen.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Steve

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service