The Chainlink

As the title says I'm looking for an old British sturmey archer 3 speed hub and any make of older front drum brake hub.

They'll be going on a 700 series wheel so loose hubs would be best but don't be shy about posting up hubs that are laced to other sized wheels as I've got metal cutting tools to fix that problem. :)

Also looking for a NITTO Technomic Long stem with 25.4 clamp diameter. Might be open to other brands just needs to be long.

Thanks
Christopher

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 36 and 40 hole 3spd not in a wheel right now, message me for details.

I can also get you a deal on a new steel shell front hub.

Thanks Dug!

I could still use another SA hub or two and any bobs and bits that go to them if anyone want to get ride of them.
I stripped yesterday at working bikes a beat up 3 speed Higgins made in Austria. There are quite a few finds at times there. Might be a treasure trove of goodies there for ya if you are willing to search. The hub was the only thing salvageable. Crazy given how much love the bike had been given. A total of 9 patches on the tubes!

Out of curiosity, looking on building up a British 3spd roadster/tourer? I was reading recently about some ride taking place on em up north.
Been meaning to go check working bikes for some parts guess i should get around to that next week.

Not sure what the bike "is" at this point or if it'll fit into any such catagory. It'll be based ona 1941 CCM motorbike frame with 3 speed 700c or 28" wheels but thats about all i've figured out. I'm also going to retrofit the wifes rig with 3 speed for fun.

Oh that remind me i could use some 700c or 28" hoops if anyone has any good ones for sale.

I have a working front drum brake hub in my basement. At the moment, I don't recall if it's an SA or other brand, and I don't recall the number of holes, but I can check it out tonight when I get home and report back.

JimmyD 3.75 mi said:

I have a working front drum brake hub in my basement. At the moment, I don't recall if it's an SA or other brand, and I don't recall the number of holes, but I can check it out tonight when I get home and report back.

Thanks jimmyD

Brand is not as important as working or size.
Just let me know what you find and thanks again.

Hey Christopher,

I'll snap some pics of it tonight or this weekend. I don't recall if it's currently laced to a wheel or not (I have a bunch of parts down there in my basement!). If it's still on a wheel, I'll take a little video of it to illustrate it's working condition. 

Christopher C. 10.0+ mi said:

Thanks jimmyD

Brand is not as important as working or size.
Just let me know what you find and thanks again.
Thanks JimmyD!

Still looking for some 700c or 28" hoops, NITTO Technomic Long stem with 25.4 clamp 80mmto 100mm length,Selle Anatomica or Brooks saddle and possible a SA 3 speed coaster brake hub.

I think Nitto only makes 26.0 clamps but you can use a shim.

Nitto did, or perhaps does, make stems in a 25.4 size. I've found a few online here and there so that'll probably be the solution in the end.
Thanks MagMileMarauder and notoriousDug for the hookup on the SA hubs.

Still looking for a tall Quill stem, a front drum brake and perhaps a sturmey archer AW 3 speed coaster brake hub.

Thanks guys!

Indeed they do, I learn something new everyday...

Christopher C. 10.0+ mi said:

Nitto did, or perhaps does, make stems in a 25.4 size. I've found a few online here and there so that'll probably be the solution in the end.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service