The Chainlink

My girlfriend is looking for a bike, and I was wondering if anyone here had a decent bike in the 48-50cm range (she's 5'4") that they are looking to sell.  Something to ride around town and lazy paved trail rides on the weekend.  Mounts for fenders & racks would be a plus.  I would say $400 would be the upper limit for a well equipped bike.  

I'm also stalking Craigslist, but I thought I'd post here since people are always looking to sell off stuff so they can make an upgrade.

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Trek 520 Frame that is 49 CM. It was an impulsive, uninformed eBay purchase. It's an '80s era lugged frame. A sticker actually indicates that it was made in the UK. It needs to be built up, obviously and comes with a seatpost and brakes.

Let me know if you are interested...I know it needs to be built up, but it would be totally worthwhile to do so.
I scored an RRB steel frame(champion tubing, lugged) last fall at an estate sale, it is 52 cm ctc frame all shimano 600 parts,including platform pedals with cages and straps, new chain and cassette, new vittoria Randonneur tires, and completely rebuilt, cinelli stem (12cm) cinelli bars(40 cm) new white cork ribbon, and a rear rack mounted already. To get it close to your price point, I would take off the fizik saddle and sell it for $475 firm.
Ciclo Urbano has a Terry Gambit women's specific road bike for $500. It has all that you are looking for eventhough it's a bit above the price you're looking for. Terry's are great bikes made for women. Come by and check it out!
I also have a Motobecane Nably that I'm getting rid of, though it needs some work. I

t's a really great bike, but it needs a new bottom bracket. It would be a great bike if the whole crank system were replaced, actually.

I'm not sure of the exact size, but I think it's about a 50cm. It was definitely too small for me. The bike has a step-through, lugged frame and a 3 speed sturmy-archer hub. It's periwinkle blue, with matching fenders already on there. I currently have a basket on the front, which was always ample for my needs.

If you are interested, please let me know. I'd sell it for $75. It isn't functional right now, but even with paying a shop to put in the new components, you'd probably come in under your budget.
Oh man an rrb bike. Pretty friggin sweet

Hey, I just made a post in craigslist then I saw your post. It's for a 2010 Jamis Coda Femme 14". I was asking $450. I also have a helmet and lights. I'm open to best offer.

Here is the craigslist link: https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=2276696441&db=lv

The 520 Frame-  I'd love to get $150 for it.  It's really a very nice frame.  It's a 1986 model and is 531 steel, with lugs and is kind of a steel gray color. The paint isn't perfect. A seatpost, brakes and bottom bracket would also be included.
Thanks for all of the offers, but we found something that works: a mid-90s Bianchi hybrid made from 531 that looked like it had never been ridden, with rack & panniers for a bit under $200.  A quick lube and tension adjustment and it feels like a brand new bike.
Now that she's found a bike for a great deal (hope it isn't stolen!) I'm going to bogart this thread for my own selfish purposes.

I'm on the hunt for 48-50CM mixte with a two-speed kickback hub. I'd be cool with a folder too if the wheels are 24 or larger. If anyone has a lead on one let me know. I can pay with baked goods... oh, and cash, too.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service