The Chainlink

Lincoln Square Tour, Planning Rides, Discussion and Photo exchange

This month Big Shoulders Realty's neighborhood bike tour visits the northside community of Lincoln Square. The tour will be on Sunday August 30, 2009 at our usual starting time of 1:00 PM.

This tour is brought to you by Big Shoulders and the Chainlink. Yay!

Yesterday evening, Leah, Julie and I tooled around looking for interesting buildings, parks and elements of the community. Even this little sneak peak displayed how this area will provide a tour rich with architectural treasures, community parks and places, and even a plethora of green-space. Neighborhoods within the community include Ravenswood, Bowmanville, Budlong Woods, Lincoln Square, and Ravenswood Gardens.

I will be exploring the area a great deal over the next 3 weeks and will announce on this forum discussion at least 2 or 3 other public planning rides for those that are keen to contribute to the tour, or see how we make up our tours.

This will also serve as a post-ride photo-exchange, and any discussions related to the community, its neighborhoods and the built-environment of Lincoln Square.

Cheers all - Lee Diamond!

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the turn by turn directions. See you tomorrow - Cheers - Lee
Attachments:
That will really make me wish that I was able to dig my HowardPanierSystem out of the garage in time. Dang!

h3 said:
Good luck on this tour.
Google suggests a pretty decent score on the publicity.
Betcha break 150 . . .
i second the thanks to the corkers. and extra admiration goes to the ones who dealt with the (very few) irate motorists we encountered. i am so impressed with their cheeriness in the face of kind of jerky drivers. way to go!

thanks lee, another enjoyable and informative tour of our fair city.

Brian Kennedy said:
Great tour lead by Lee today. I'd like to give special thanks to all those who volunteer to cork on the ride. Coming from the back of the pack, I hear you guys getting yelled at by motorists sometimes and you take it with a smile on your face. Thanks for putting yourselves out there and keeping us safe.
Huge thanks to Lee for, again, putting on a fabulous event; thanks again for putting in so much effort to give the rest of us a great time.

Thanks to the corkers and participants for making it a great time.
Great tour Lee, and great choice on pub at the end.

Thanks to the corkers - especially the guy who took a minute too long to get out of that van's path - you know who and what you are. :)
Many thanks to Lee for putting on such a great ride.
Thanks to everyone who came and corked and helped and rode. It was a blast. At least 120 by multiple counts, and very cooperative police and public....mostly. Thanks so much. Here are some pics from the ride.

Cheers all...'

P.S. - photgraphic evidence of Tony Buddah getting wasted......
Gee Thanks Lee :-)

Lee Diamond said:
Thanks to everyone who came and corked and helped and rode. It was a blast. At least 120 by multiple counts, and very cooperative police and public....mostly. Thanks so much. Here are some pics from the ride.

Cheers all...'

P.S. - photgraphic evidence of Tony Buddah getting wasted......
Doh! Here are the pics!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service