The Chainlink

I'm looking to ride at least 30 miles and up to 100 miles on Saturday, Sunday or Monday morning.  Quick pace, 16-20ish.  I'm totally flexible on day and locations, just desperate for some milage.

It doesn't seem like any club has a century scheduled this weekend.  The BLT was great but not my usual pace.  And Monday night's CCC ride was a flat fest that went long so we rode in the dark.  So I need to put in some good, quick miles. 

Anyone interested?

Y A J (Jen) 

Views: 96

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good. I like the Glenview route.
Also check out the blackout dates thread in the main forum. They added the Jazzfest at the last minute. Before they had Air & Water show weekend as the last one of 2010 so that's why I didn't check the Metra website. What a bunch of jerks.
Monday night-ish route? Sounds good.
Alex, that's a typo. I just called Metra about it. No blackout dates this weekend. :)

envane x said:
Also check out the blackout dates thread in the main forum. They added the Jazzfest at the last minute. Before they had Air & Water show weekend as the last one of 2010 so that's why I didn't check the Metra website. What a bunch of jerks.
Even with the Metra clear-up, I've still got the Joliet ride for Monday, unless someone really doesn't want it that day (either way, I don't care).
Oh, this is just getting complicated. Is anyone keeping up?

I propose the following two rides for our long weekend:
On Saturday at 8:am, instead of the usual roadie DD (because really, why fight the cabbies for space?!), I propose we meet at the northeast corner of Horner Park, basically 2750 W Irving Park or Irving & California. We’ll go about 30 – 40 miles at about 18-22mph

On Monday, let’s do Alex’s ride to Joliet & train home, departing at 8:30 from a location he determines. That’s about 70 miles and he’ll set the pace.

Should we put either or both of these on the calendar so other folks can join in?
Ryan, do you have a garmin of Monday night's ride?
Or is anyone confident they know the route?
Jen,

I have the cue sheet in my ZYM jersey at home. My Garmin came on Monday (woo hoo!), so I'll look into putting the Monday night route into it.

y a j said:
Ryan, do you have a garmin of Monday night's ride?
Or is anyone confident they know the route?
Sounds good!

gayle stephens said:
i saved the cue sheet. It isn't the exact route but close. i'll bring it in case no one comes up with a Garmin report.

see you all SAturday at 8:00.

see you monday at 8:30.
Thanks everyone. See you out there Saturday morning!
Here are a couple of the monday night reports

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/45900357

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/43905144

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/42934257

I will be working Saturday, Sunday I will be in Wi. doing the bombay bike club's the wright stuff century... Monday I may be open to a midpaced 30-50 miler
Thanks Mike!
I hope you have a good ride on Sunday.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service