The Chainlink

Now that the big stuff's off my plate I think there's time to plug in one Karaoke ride before the winter cycling season ends.

Anyone have any favorite places they'd like to plug? Please include the time the k. starts and what night of the week it takes place, if you know it.

I'm kind of partial to Piece on Thursdays but I don't know if a weeknight is the best time.

Thanks for any input!

-h

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ooh I just went to the four treys last night on damen and they had karaoke! It was fun!
I haven't done ANY karaoke since I moved up here and I'm craving it almost as much as a mobile dance party. Follow and I will lead and sing so much Salt N Pepa.
Just got this in my e-mail. Check out the reviews . . .

===
Hey all,

I was going to host another karaoke night Friday, but my friend Laura beat me to it. So a mass of people you may or may not know are meeting at 10:30 at:

Cafe Bong
5706 N. Clark
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-bong-ho-chicago

Heads up, it's a dive, in the truest sense of the word. I've heard good (and weird) stuff about their karaoke so I'm quite curious. Hope y'all are as well.
jen said:
ooh I just went to the four treys last night on damen and they had karaoke! It was fun!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/four-treys-tavern-chicago

Kind of a brow-furrowing bunch of reviews for that place. Thanks for the rec!
I'm hoping for this one to happen also after I come back from California.
Also Hidden Cove on Lincoln, although a ways north for H3N3 is a good place for karaoke. We ended the N. Side mass there once. It was a fun time.
There is also Trader Todd's around Belmont and Sheffield I think.
I work at Trader Todd's, a karaoke bar. We have karaoke every night starting at 8:30. Mondays everything is half off (everything, food and booze), and I can probably hook you up with the KJ and let you skip the line if you tell me you're from the chainlink.
Thanks Hector.
When you back?
We ended the last K. ride at Hidden Cove and it didn't work out too well; someone or other couldn't come in (forget why-- they forgot their ID maybe?) and had to take off, and then they were way overloaded and you could wait hours for your song to come up, and too crowded as well-- the 'group' got lost in the crowd.
The best thing about it is that if you're looking for an early start I think they have it earlier than 10 (may be wrong on that) and they also don't get crowded until after 10 I think.
Will probably keep the next one more central if at all possible (we could do rolling karoake for example if we don't get out of sound trailer range for me).
Cool! That's the one just off of Belmont, right?
Are you there every Monday? Does it get busy Monday nights? Is there a dedicated deejay?
Thx.

Bloody Malth said:
I work at Trader Todd's, a karaoke bar. We have karaoke every night starting at 8:30. Mondays everything is half off (everything, food and booze), and I can probably hook you up with the KJ and let you skip the line if you tell me you're from the chainlink.
I like Piece on Thursday evenings; great beer brewed onsite and really good pizza. Karaoke starts at 10 PM. I might be up for trying the Hidden Cove. I like that it's on the north side. Some of the reviews discussing the foul odors there are a little disconcerting, but nobody's perfect.
Sidekicks on Montrose is also pretty fun. I believe they have karaoke every night. Late on Fridays and Saturdays gets pretty crowded, but I've always had a good time there.
We ended the Nov 03 Karoake CM there. It was fine; tight group of regulars and a strong C/W preference.
The thing I like most about it is it's easy to remember where it is: 4400 N by 4400 W. :-)

jamimaria said:
Sidekicks on Montrose is also pretty fun. I believe they have karaoke every night. Late on Fridays and Saturdays gets pretty crowded, but I've always had a good time there.
Thanks!
An open call to all Marios to do something with your handle so I know which Mario you are . . .
I see the ~ but can't remember who adopted that . . .

mario~ said:
I like Piece on Thursday evenings; great beer brewed onsite and really good pizza. Karaoke starts at 10 PM. I might be up for trying the Hidden Cove. I like that it's on the north side. Some of the reviews discussing the foul odors there are a little disconcerting, but nobody's perfect.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service