Specialized Lincoln Park is seeking an experienced professional mechanic to serve as our Lead Service Technician. This is a full-time position that will average 40hr/wk in the high-season and 32hr/wk in winter. Qualified applicants should send a resume to email@example.com.
Lead Service Technician
This is a full time, permanent position.
The Lead Service Technician balances a passion for people, a broad technical expertise, excellence in retail practices, and supports their teammates in the shop. A Lead Service Technician is the front line and point person for our brand to the rider and encourages successful, profitable retail by taking their technical expertise to the next level as a driver of outstanding in store brand experiences. A Lead Service Technician works directly with team and riders, both present and remote, to identify and locate the goods, services, and experiences needed to provide solutions quickly and frictionlessly to keep them riding longer and better.
All Service Technicians work collaboratively and hands-on with staff and local riders as a host, mentor, brand advocate, and technical service ace. The Service Technician provides exceptional rider service; enhances rider satisfaction; aids in meeting sales and profitability goals, and supports their teams’ efforts.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking qualifying questions and listening to riders'
- needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs from a pre-set service menu or tune ups and a la cart service.
- Speak authoritatively on technical matters as they relate and pertain to our bicycles; be the expert
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; provides “wow” customer service.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work and setting and exceeding rider expectations, including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate number of repairs
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection without bias.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales with technical consulting, and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing service and high levels of rider satisfaction
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Proficiency in Lightspeed point of sale systems and store operational websites
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Conduct opening and closing responsibilities when store when manager is absent
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- A broad ranging technical proficiency which includes all current technologies, such as hydraulic brake service, suspension, and eBike diagnostics and repair
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs. or more and use proper lifting skills
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*