The Chainlink

I saw h's comment about light fluffy snow.  Maybe he lives in a different city?  That was some heavy wet snow made worse by those people who inconsiderately walked on it before I got home. ;-)  

Views: 967

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, it's a good workout.

Seri97 said:

Shoveled lots..great exercise!
Didn't shovel. I did it the high tech, don't have a heart attack way. I fired up the snow blower. We live on a corner lot in the burbs with a driveway. Shoveling is not an option.
Hey h'. How long have you had that camera? Did you get it new or used? I can't tell you how many times I have done something with an electronic device that was wittnessed by someone who has the same device who exclaimed "I didn't know it could do that." I reply "did you read the instructions? Do you think owners manuals are produced just to give printers a job?" The manuals can be found online if it was bought used without instructions. No matter how simple or obvious a device may seem always read the manual.

The law says that the responsibility of shoveling falls on both owners and tenants.  Thus even if you rent, you are supposed to shovel.    I (unfortunately ;) ) missed much of the recent snow, having to go to Naples Italy on a business trip.   My wife did the shoveling, but I don't think she did the bike lane.  But I was back for yesterday.   It was nasty and heavy.  I managed to get the sidewalk and the bike lane in front of our place.  It really did not take much time.   We should really encourage everyone to shovel both their sidewalks, and if they live next to the bike lane, the bike lane.

Thanks, Douglas, that's incredibly helpful.  I don't know why I didn't check the manual of this camera before asking how to get a screen grab into a an image file format on a Windows machine.

Douglas Iverson said:

Hey h'. How long have you had that camera? Did you get it new or used? I can't tell you how many times I have done something with an electronic device that was wittnessed by someone who has the same device who exclaimed "I didn't know it could do that." I reply "did you read the instructions? Do you think owners manuals are produced just to give printers a job?" The manuals can be found online if it was bought used without instructions. No matter how simple or obvious a device may seem always read the manual.

Sure looks like steam is coming up from the middle of the street....

h' 1.0 said:

They actually do show up and shovel it? Wow.

I figured out my camera web interface has a "snapshot" feature right in it... you just save the file as a JPG (I can get around windows well enough to do that...)

It does, but maybe just blowing snow?

h' 1.0 said:

Sure looks like steam is coming up from the middle of the street....

Don't think so-- seems to be rising.

Where I work, the snow often seems to be rising even though it is falling--wind can do interesting things, as all cyclists know. ;-)  However, maybe the street heated up enough to generate steam.  Or maybe there is a sewer outlet there.  Or maybe the snap is just after a car passed and it is lingering exhaust fumes.

It was nice to get home and find my sidewalk already shoveled. We have a neighbor with a snow-blower who got it. We reciprocated this morning and got his.

It was also fun to get home after riding for an hour and fifteen minutes (usually it is 40 min or so) to find housemates on the front porch with beer to share. It was fun watching the snow knowing that my touring bike had conquered it. 

Hmm, I thought that it was a still photo ... is there an mp4 or avi file that I'm missing somewhere?

h' 1.0 said:

Don't think so-- seems to be rising.

Sorry, it's a grab from my IP cam. I'd post the URL but I didn't really do much to make the password unique and don't really want anyone playing with the controls (it's perched atop a mason jar.)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service