The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. Working from home

Love these today! You'd never know how cold, but for the icy splash!

Gene Tenner said:

This question is for the commuter that cycle during winter. Would tommorrow be a good day to ride? I am just worried of icy streets on my commute from Morton Grove to Art Institute Chicago Museum (19 miles)

It's not supposed to get anywhere near 32 tomorrow, so high likelihood of slippery pavement.

Depends to a large extent on whether there's any salting on your route.

Personally I wouldn't do it if I had other options.

Jose Fonseca said:

This question is for the commuter that cycle during winter. Would tommorrow be a good day to ride? I am just worried of icy streets on my commute from Morton Grove to Art Institute Chicago Museum (19 miles)

I was just out shoveling again, it is still snowing, and the side streets are pretty bad.  Drivers were stupid today.  I am planning public transportation in the morning.  Cold--no problem.  Snow--I skip it.

Plows haven't been out yet, and there was quite a few slippery ice patches beneath the loose blowing snow.  Had my rear wheel break loose from under me a couple of times and had to counter-steer to bring the back end back into line.  It took studded tires, goggles, and just about all of my guile to get home safe.

In other words, best goddamned ride of the year.

Going for a ride... wish me luck ha

Drivers were obnoxious today. You'd think they'd be more accommodating because of the weather…
You joining the snow ride?

Minh said:

WTF?

Paul Michael Ignacio said:

Plows haven't been out yet

Sadly not, I wasn't even aware of it until now otherwise I would have joined in.

Julie Hochstadter said:

You joining the snow ride?

Minh said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service