The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Overall, a pretty nice day to ride, albeit slippery and sloppy.  My bike slid out from under me on one especially icy curve, but I managed to hop off before the bike hit the ground.  Then I had to plow through a 40' stretch of 6" deep mud left by construction trucks.  My dress pants cuffs look a little grungy for work today.  Oh well, good times.

Beautiful morning for a ride into work.

Today is so frick n frack beautiful. I know the shift in hours is going to change the early am light, but today is ermahgawd expletive!

Gopher Biker said:

Oh yes it is. Going to enjoy this sun and fun before the weekend rain!

Gopher Biker said:

Had to wear sunglasses!  We are so blessed to start our days outside in the sunshine.

I forgot to put the memory card in my camera this morning. Just as I was about to wail and cuss, I realized that I still had the opportunity to relax, enjoy the sun on my face, slice through a still wind and gaze in wonder at the most inspiring lakefront in the world. Even though I am on the lakefront trail over 300 days per year, I still enjoy the shimmering water, the skyscrapered view, the fun sculptures popping up and the reflection back in time, amazed that Burnham and the rest could have been so forward-thinking to set aside our shore as 'free and clear' of buildings, so that I could enjoy a mellow ride on a crisp March morn.

Life is good.

Yes, back from Orlando and the past two days riding in Chicago have been Great!

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

For a 1:06 video of ice waves at Belmont Harbor's point, click here.

That is so neat!  Next week you might see sailboats racing in the harbor.  "Frostbiting" was supposed to start this weekend but they cancelled because of that very ice.  And thanks for continuing to report on the bike rack on the dock. ;-)

Gene Tenner said:

For a 1:06 video of ice waves at Belmont Harbor's point, click here.

It was a nice day to do a ride to the loop, light traffic. Some ice skaters, a couple kids on skateboards.

Let's Spring forward into the 50's.

I had a little ride today. I tried to see how far up the North Shore Channel Trail I could get before the snow made it impassable. Unfortunately, that was at Touhy. Rather than head east over there and take some streets north, I turned around and called it a day after 10 miles. I'm hoping the rain tomorrow kills off most of the snow.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service