The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My camera got wetter than I did, particularly when shooting the video. I got a few drops, but not a soaking. 

Lisa Curcio said:

Almost looks like winter!  Did you get wet?

Yep.  Snow/Ice on road from Montrose/Broadway to Belmont/Broadway.  Very little snow from Belmont/Broadway to Clark/Diversey.  No snow South of there.

Didn't see one other cyclist; was anyone else out there today?

I was out there today, but like you, saw no other cyclists.  (I know of others that were out, though.)  

in it to win it said:

Yep.  Snow/Ice on road from Montrose/Broadway to Belmont/Broadway.  Very little snow from Belmont/Broadway to Clark/Diversey.  No snow South of there.

Didn't see one other cyclist; was anyone else out there today?

I was out there this morning - only saw a couple other cyclists on Milwaukee. 

Same here. Milwaukee has been eerily empty the past few days. Haven't seen that many other cyclists or cars. I got a new jacket. I was definitely overheating this morning. :) Finally found the perfect jacket...now I just need the perfect gloves.

I have a very short ride from Union Station to my office near the Chicago Theatre. I'm loving the new Dearborn Street bike lanes.

We all know that Chicago is pretty good about clearing snow downtown during the winter; however, I'm a bit worried about the many strange divots and mini-potholes that are already in the Dearborn St bike lanes. There was some water in those pot holes this morning which were frozen over. I saw them and was able to navigate around them, but it would be a nasty surprise to a bike commuter to find a patch of ice in the middle of a new bike lane that it otherwise bone dry!

Joe, you may have passed me as I got on at the Buena entrance to the LFT.  That is the only person I saw on the trail today cycling.  Only a few more people in the city when I got off at North Avenue, going south to the west loop.  Thankfully, there were many fewer cars also.

I assumed everything south of North Avenue would be icy due to the NNE winds this morning.

I got a break and had a little help with the tail wind today!  Felt guilty for the free ride, but I will take it!!  Still took longer  since the trail was so poor north of Belmont.  

Bone-dry streets- yay.

Strong wind from north- boo.

Dark heavy sky to the west- cool?              

Such a great day for a southbound bike ride. Saw some friendly faces! Hooray for bikes! 

h' said:

Bone-dry streets- yay.

Strong wind from north- boo.

Dark heavy sky to the west- cool?              

Better today.  At least I won't have headwind both ways.  Also saw several fellow cyclists.

Streets in Uptown & Lakeview were much better.  

I rode today. I was so glad to have studded tires.

Ran some errands while it was snowing.  It was melting on the streets, though. Does that count as a snow ride?  Saw a few people out on Cortland, Racine, Wrightwood, but not during traditional commuting time.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service