The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So wrong. I had my hemet on, also.

h' said:

Well, at least Melanie was polite enough not to mention that the slippers were all you were wearing . . .

Gene Tenner said:

Uh-oh, my precious cover is being blown. Perchance it was I. When the mercury drops below forty degrees, the oversized slippers cover my size-twelves.

My favorite kind of ride today. That big fluffy cotton ball snow is a joy. If you saw a crazy googled woman catching snow flakes on her tongue today..I won't admit to it but it sure was fun.

Anyone on the south side getting a ton of snow? 

I rode today in the morning. Not sure if I want to ride back- 24mph headwind and 10 degrees.  I think I may pass on taking the Lakefront home today.  The cotton bally snow is great to see, though and I wish I could ride home right now in it, and avoid the forecasted wind later in the day. 

My 1st snowy commute, hope its not too slippery on the NW side.

The earlier you leave the better.  Its slushy now, but will ice over soon.  The wind is harsh and the icy snow stings.  Good day for goggles

Andy Pielet said:

My 1st snowy commute, hope its not too slippery on the NW side.

Looks like it's going to be a cold one on the way home, and I'll probably have to drop tire pressure a bit on the studs if this gets icy.  Wunderground is reporting temps below 20 already with windchills in the single digits.  At least for me it's mostly a tailwind.  I don't envy anyone who has to go north on the way home.  Be safe out there.

Just a heads up, I ran into quite a bit of ice patches on the road where the car tires have compacted and heated up the snow just enough to let it melt and refreeze.  I'd be on the lookout for ice especially now that it's getting dark.  

it's slippery out there! had two or three 'almost' falls and one actual one. fortunately it was a good fall. "Good" meaning I didn't scrape or injure myself, actually fell pretty gracefully if that's posible. Be careful y'all. (but also, have FUN)

I took the LFP home tonight and found it rideable, but the snow was building and there were some definite ice patches. So, be sensible. Oh. I am soooo glad I was riding south, as the wind out of the north was beastly!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service