Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unbelievably, I got a flat on the other tire leaving work tonight. I'm pretty upset with Breezer for putting such cheap tires on a bike that doesn't lend itself to easy tube swapping (chain guard, internal gear hub.) Anyway, Kozy's was close and fixed it quick. Thinking about getting some studded Schwalbe Winter tires at Dutch Bike Co. tomorrow. If not studded, then at least some Marathons.

Saw a few more bicyclists than yesterday. Predictably, the roads were in a worse condition the second day after a storm. The bike lanes had some significant slush in it.

7 degrees passing one bank.  I'm convinced it's the condition of the streets, not the temperature (so far) that will keep me off the streets.  Halsted/Lincoln/Wells were in pretty good shape.  Friendly motorists again!

today was easy.  only issue i had was that i left my boots out on the non insulated sunporch last night. my toes stayed a bit cold and numb for almost the entire commute.

:(  And your boots didn't even get a tan because it was nighttime.

iggi said:

today was easy.  only issue i had was that i left my boots out on the non insulated sunporch last night. my toes stayed a bit cold and numb for almost the entire commute.

What kind of studded tires does Dutch Bike Co sell?
Big fan of Nokian W106 myself. And the flat resistance is pretty good.

Still can't 100% figure out how to properly dress. Yesterday I was cold, today I dressed a little warmer and started sweating. Merino wool usually doesn't make feel like you're sweating, but I guess I really overdressed.

Schwalbe Winter I believe.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with dressing too. Usually my body is too warm, my legs just right, and my hands and feet cold. I'm even wearing those half rubber/leather LL Bean boots with Smartwool socks and my feet are always cold by the end of my 7 mile commute. Maybe they're sweating...

J.P. said:

What kind of studded tires does Dutch Bike Co sell?
Big fan of Nokian W106 myself. And the flat resistance is pretty good.

Still can't 100% figure out how to properly dress. Yesterday I was cold, today I dressed a little warmer and started sweating. Merino wool usually doesn't make feel like you're sweating, but I guess I really overdressed.

I rode everyday this month!

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/33936975@N00/5255747431/[/img]

Monday? Yeah, that was pretty good.  My toes get a little numbish after an hour, so I think I'll need to find bigger pedals to accomodate my invincible LaCrosse boots.

Another uneventful ride in . . . nice!

I made it in today, though I kind of overloaded myself.  I decided to bring balloons as my contribution to my work's holiday party, so I carried my usual stuff (pannier with work bag, lock, etc.), and then I also carrried a large, 2ft x 1ft x 1.5ft container on my rack, a snowman, a penguin and a reindeer, and then also my 3 ft. balloon pump.

Oh, and I also sported a skirt and high heeled boots.

awesome...

my ride was extremely pleasant today. Best in two weeks with a close second last friday.

jamimaria said:

I made it in today, though I kind of overloaded myself.  I decided to bring balloons as my contribution to my work's holiday party, so I carried my usual stuff (pannier with work bag, lock, etc.), and then I also carrried a large, 2ft x 1ft x 1.5ft container on my rack, a snowman, a penguin and a reindeer, and then also my 3 ft. balloon pump.

Oh, and I also sported a skirt and high heeled boots.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service